Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Seminary Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
      Seminary is going well. I like all my professors and even though I already know a great deal, I'm learning some interesting things. I'm in all 3 intro classes that are offered: intro to Christian history, intro to Scriptures, and intro to theology.

Anyway, the point of this post is that I'm already looking to what I'm going to be taking next semester and there's a class being offered on evangelism in a post-Christian society. The cool thing about this class is that it includes a spring break trip to London where they will visit and interact with evangelists and other church workers there to help get some perspective and ideas on Western evangelism. I really, really want to be selected for this class since I have a big interest in maybe one day living in France for a period of time, possibly as a missionary. The professor is only going to select a max of 12 people to take and there were a few more than 12 interested in the class. One is his assistant who will certainly be going, so spots are very limited. I'm going to submit my application this week and I'd appreciate prayers for this.
      I hope you get it, Kiddo.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Comment

Spent the weekend in a state of anxiety and panic. Couldn't even respond to emails from Student Recruitment (which I'm starting work for) and Church Services (trying to find an internship or job). Starting to feel better, but I'm still skittish. On the bright side, I got $150 from the school for attending preview last spring and I turned in my application for the class that goes to London next semester.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
            "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
            Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Panic is the enemy - those others are just people.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Comment

Update: I got accepted for the evangelism class that is going to London next semester!

Now I just gotta come up with the deposit money.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                  "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                  Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Comment

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment