Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

If you thought the Planned Parenthood scandal couldn't get worse - it just did.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Papa Zoom View Post
    There's already advocates for the right to kill newborns up to the third month. One is a Princeton University professor.
    Another is Starlight.

Comment

There are posts going about urging "pro-choicers" to counter protest. As one member of reddit put it, they were reminded of this picture.
      Attached Files

Comment

There's already advocates for the right to kill newborns up to the third month. One is a Princeton University professor.
        As I noted in a thread from awhile back...
        Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        I had a thread on after-birth abortions that was lost in the crash. From Slate (described as a United States-based liberal, English language online current affairs and culture magazine created in 1996 by former New Republic editor Michael Kinsley)":
        Originally posted by After-Birth Abortion: The pro-choice case for infanticide
        Journal of Medical EthicsSource

You can see the exchange here:

Melissa Victoria Harris-Perry, who hosts a weekend news and opinion television show on MSNBC and was recently in the news for mocking Mitt Romney and his adopted black grandson (for which she later apologized for), appears to be another advocate of after-birth abortions based upon her comments on her show back on July 21: ""When does life begin? I submit the answer depends an awful lot on the feeling of the parents. A powerful feeling -- but not science."

So if the doctor was wrong and the baby certainly was viable in that it actually survived an attempt to kill it, then the doctor shouldn't be "burden[ed]" with trying to keep the baby alive since it had the gall to "not just coming out limp and dead."

I guess if someone is sick or injured and a doctor assumes that they won't survive but in fact does then that doctor shouldn't be burdened with helping to keep them alive but should be free to refuse all treatment and even food and water so that they will finally die.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Dimbulb View Post
          I've got a bridge to sell anyone who believes this.

I googled Theresa Deisher's name and the various links imply that she's a nutter. The idea about them "keeping some babies alive" appears to come straight from her hyperactive imagination, and does not appear to be based on any evidence, not even deceptively edited video.
          Let's ignore the fact that a video was recently released showing the Planned Parenthood butchers cutting a baby's brain out of its skull while its heart was still beating.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

and there is one poster here thinks that it is ok to as well, Starlight.
            Last edited by RumTumTugger; 08-23-2015, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              As I noted in a thread from awhile back...
              unbelievable how far we've fallen as a human race

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                and there is one poster here thinks that it is ok to as well, Starlight.
                (shakes head) And probably gets livid at the killing of Cecil the Lion and other furry critters.

Comment

(shakes head) And probably gets livid at the killing of Cecil the Lion and other furry critters.
                  He started a whole thread based on his outrage at whales being killed in Denmark.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                    He started a whole thread based on his outrage at whales being killed in Denmark.
                    I don't know what the big deal is. A whale does not count as a person, so it doesn't have any legal rights. It's just a blob of cells that swims in the Faroe Islands waters uninvited. It's an uninvited intrusion into their borders and it's the right of Faroe Islands to be able to terminate it.

Comment

Yep he started a thread complaining about some islanders killing whales.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                        sounds fishy or mamalie

Comment

Apparently at least one of the videos did not actually show an aborted fetus, and the video may have been deceptive. I say that's good news, even if it doesn't conveniently fit our narrative.

https://www.yahoo.com/health/underco...289829487.html
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                            Apparently at least one of the videos did not actually show an aborted fetus, and the video may have been deceptive. I say that's good news, even if it doesn't conveniently fit our narrative.

There's more to the story here. CMP has said they never claimed it was from an abortion and that's true. It wasn't clear from the video but on the youtube channel there is a link to the source. The Yahoo writer is a well-known pro-choice woman's rights writer and it's not surprising that she would slant her article as she did.

There's no buzz on twitter on this and it seems a non-story to me. Aside from Yahoo and The Hill, (and a few left wing sites) the web isn't interested in this story. Yet. We'll see.

Just listening to the video commentary without seeing the images is stomach turning. Not surprising a Planned Parent supporter would try to discredit a witness testimony and marginalize her.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

I thought it was sort of obvious that the fetus shown in the video was a picture for demonstration purposes only. In other words, a picture portraying something like

Comment

There's no buzz on twitter on this and it seems a non-story to me. Aside from Yahoo and The Hill, (and a few left wing sites) the web isn't interested in this story. Yet. We'll see.
                                It was the #1 post on Reddit a couple hours ago... that's how it came to my attention.
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment