Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Considering an idea

Faith
    Ecumenical Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko;
    Cath, I thought you were going to go to nursing school?
    Ummm....I've been out of nursing school since I found out I was pregnant with Carolyn, two years ago. I'm only now considering my work options, one of which is the cleaning service since I can carry a baby on my back while cleaning for church clients. A second option is elder sitting (I have plenty of experience) while my FIL takes care of my 14 month old and I may attempt to do a CNA refresher course in Kansas. But I don't have the physical strength to even think about my prior work or going back to nursing school. Not since I tore my rotator cuff and had to have my foot reconstructed.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catholicity View Post
    Ummm....I've been out of nursing school since I found out I was pregnant with Carolyn, two years ago. I'm only now considering my work options, one of which is the cleaning service since I can carry a baby on my back while cleaning for church clients. A second option is elder sitting (I have plenty of experience) while my FIL takes care of my 14 month old and I may attempt to do a CNA refresher course in Kansas. But I don't have the physical strength to even think about my prior work or going back to nursing school. Not since I tore my rotator cuff and had to have my foot reconstructed.
    being on your feet and knees for hours cleaning doesn't sound like a good idea then

Faith
    Ecumenical Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    being on your feet and knees for hours cleaning doesn't sound like a good idea then
    I had thought about that, except I can just about do 3-4 hours at a time in light housework. which is fine for family/friends and church. Not good for a floor nursing aide. I can't lift 200 lbs any more, granted no one should be lifting 200 lbs except for body builders.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Emeritus Professor JardinPrayer's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Perhaps a companion service is better suited to you. Elder people often just get lonely, need a nutritious meal prepared, men's monitored, a few groceries brought in, or be taken to the park for some fresh air. Being able to play with a baby might be a bonus!

"...so encourage each other and build one another up." ~1 Thessalonians 5:11

5. Amen Teallaura, QuantaFille amen'd this post.