Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Flooring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flooring

No, I didn't get confused. It occurs to me that engineers should consider the health impacts of industrial flooring. They certainly consider use, which is why Wal-Mart doesn't have shag and bamboo isn't in warehouses.

But what's good for carts and forklifts isn't good for human feet, legs and backs. There should be a way to use carts without keeping the podiatrist in the black.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Shoes. Check into them. I know you live in Alabama, but I think they sell them even down there.

Comment

The store where I work has concrete floors, but at the registers we have anti-fatigue mats. We sell the same mats and they are our number one seller.
      Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

I wear the best shoes I can afford and $400.00 orthotics in them. I have numbness in my toes from pinching the nerves, at least I hope that is all it is.

We have those mats, too, Quanta. But we often stand away from the mat at the end of the registers.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

I wear the best shoes I can afford and $400.00 orthotics in them. I have numbness in my toes from pinching the nerves, at least I hope that is all it is.

We have those mats, too, Quanta. But we often stand away from the mat at the end of the registers.
          Ask for either a longer mat, or a second one.
          Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Agony of d'feet?

Comment

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

The only really good thing for feet is to go bare food on the beach.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

And get sand in the ham sandwiches?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Laura, how is the workplace cleanup going?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

We reopened last Saturday. About a third of the building is still under repair so there's a wall separating the sides (dry wall and everything...). They are still messing around with the shelves trying to get as much as possible on the floor. We went from 20 registers to 13. It looks somewhat like an old Walmart - only more chaotic.

The employees are guessing half the time as to where stuff is.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Agony of d'feet?

Comment

And get sand in the ham sandwiches?
                          Why? I prefer all sandwiches sans sand.
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                            Same with BBB sandwiches.

They're like a BLT except you replace the lettuce with bacon and the tomato with more bacon. And, if you want, you can skip the bread as well and just make it a platter of bacon.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                              You were the one who wanted bare food on the beach.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X