Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    And he only has a year left.
    Nearly a year and a half. Which is sure better than two years but not as good as only a year or less.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Nearly a year and a half. Which is sure better than two years but not as good as only a year or less.
      So glad you're back, and that your computer repair didn't take a year to a year and a half, and WAY less than two years!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Obama gets that people shouldn't be getting 20 year sentences for low level drug offenses (i.e. possession without dealing), and I think that's a positive. I don't condone drugs, of course.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          He is only half-black.
          It matters not. I was lulled into thinking that the racist attitudes in the USA were fading. I think they were until Obama encouraged a minority of blacks, living mostly in the inner city, that things needed to be stirred up.

I grew up with quite a few black kids, lots of 'mexican' kids, and lots of white kids. I never knew anyone who was prejudiced that I knew about. I thought that racial strife was something that we had left behind us. Then I grew up and learned better. Things were better and still improving, but no so much now.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            Obama gets that people shouldn't be getting 20 year sentences for low level drug offenses (i.e. possession without dealing), and I think that's a positive. I don't condone drugs, of course.
            I am not sure that counts as a particularly good thing about Obama. Lots of us are coming to realize that the so-called "War on Drugs" is nothing more than a subsidy for illegal drug importers.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              It matters not. I was lulled into thinking that the racist attitudes in the USA were fading. I think they were until Obama encouraged a minority of blacks, living mostly in the inner city, that things needed to be stirred up.

I grew up with quite a few black kids, lots of 'mexican' kids, and lots of white kids. I never knew anyone who was prejudiced that I knew about. I thought that racial strife was something that we had left behind us. Then I grew up and learned better. Things were better and still improving, but no so much now.
              I was an Army brat. I never thought about race growing up much. I knew that some people were black, some were brown, etc, but who cares? Our dad's were all Army green.

Comment