Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debate: AP Vs. BP

Hi friends,

I am still eagerly anticipating the debate between Apologiaphoenix and Boxing Pythagoras on the historicity of the resurrection.

I am hoping to see this materialize despite the fact that both parties are understandably busy considering the fact that AP stated the debate would be "fun" and BP stated he was "up for" the debate, at the time.

Let's set a date and get this in motion, dear friends.

Originally posted by Scrawly View Post
    Hi friends,

I am still eagerly anticipating the debate between Apologiaphoenix and Boxing Pythagoras on the historicity of the resurrection.

I am hoping to see this materialize despite the fact that both parties are understandably busy considering the fact that AP stated the debate would be "fun" and BP stated he was "up for" the debate, at the time.

I'm with ya on this. If it happens, I have no doubt it will be a fantastic debate.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

Hi friends,

I would also consider a debate with Nick to be quite fun. I do find the historicity of the Resurrection to be a fascinating topic, if Nick wants to discuss it, but since he just had a debate on that topic, I would certainly understand if he wanted to try discussing something else.
      "[Mathematics] is the revealer of every genuine truth, for it knows every hidden secret, and bears the key to every subtlety of letters; whoever, then, has the effrontery to pursue physics while neglecting mathematics should know from the start he will never make his entry through the portals of wisdom."
      --Thomas Bradwardine, De Continuo (c. 1325)

Comment

Great, so Nick, could you take some time out of your busy schedule and make this happen? Please specify a date/period in which you'll have the time.

Comment

No pressure, Nick.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Comment

Hi friends,

I'd rather see a debate centered on Aquinas' Five Ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                I'd rather see a debate centered on Aquinas' Five Ways.
                I'd certainly be up for that, but is Nick a Thomist?
                "[Mathematics] is the revealer of every genuine truth, for it knows every hidden secret, and bears the key to every subtlety of letters; whoever, then, has the effrontery to pursue physics while neglecting mathematics should know from the start he will never make his entry through the portals of wisdom."

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Pythagoras View Post
                  I'd certainly be up for that, but is Nick a Thomist?

Comment

I've been waiting for someone to suggest that Cow Poke should enter the debate, so it would be AP vs. BP vs. CP.
                    ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                      I've been waiting for someone to suggest that Cow Poke should enter the debate, so it would be AP vs. BP vs. CP.

Comment

This could be fun to do and my classwork won't slow me down as much as I thought. I don't want to start anything this week because next week I'll be in Atlanta with Allie's family for an annual Labor Day get together all week. I plan on spending the week with them so my presence here that week will be minimal. When we get back, Allie could be starting some intense therapy again and we'll find out shortly after but definitely put me down for something in the hopefully near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
                          This could be fun to do and my classwork won't slow me down as much as I thought. I don't want to start anything this week because next week I'll be in Atlanta with Allie's family for an annual Labor Day get together all week. I plan on spending the week with them so my presence here that week will be minimal. When we get back, Allie could be starting some intense therapy again and we'll find out shortly after but definitely put me down for something in the hopefully near future.
                          Awesome, SO looking forward to this!

Comment

Is this still happening?

I know BP hasn't logged in for a while, but he's active on his website. Someone go fetch him if necessary.

Comment

Is this still happening?

I know BP hasn't logged in for a while, but he's active on his website. Someone go fetch him if necessary.
                              I'm back, now. I've had things which, unfortunately, required a great deal of my time, and I haven't been able to focus on TWeb very much; however, that seems to be changing, now, so I'm still up for this if Nick is.

Comment