Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Planned Parenthood Set To Sue The Criminals Behind Edited Video Smears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
    What do you think? Should we have a funding drive in order to get CMP money in the case that they do need to go to court? I don't anything yet that would stop me from contributing and I'm usually a Scottish tight fisted skintflint.

EDIT: Also I've started another thread in relation to this piece of news that came out.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...ately-Released
    I think there should be a wait and see approach first. I suspect they are trying scare tactics first and hoping to scare people into compliance in a sad attempt to hide their evil deeds. Of course that does beg the question, if they are as 'legal' as Brave Sir Jaecp keeps trying to claim; why hide it and try to sue? The reason should be pretty obvious, they might not have technically broken the law (that remains to be seen), but they want their deeds hidden from the public due to the public outcry they know would result. Darkness doesn't like the light or so a very wise man once said (hummm, I wonder who said that?).
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      I think there should be a wait and see approach first. I suspect they are trying scare tactics first and hoping to scare people into compliance in a sad attempt to hide their evil deeds. Of course that does beg the question, if they are as 'legal' as Brave Sir Jaecp keeps trying to claim; why hide it and try to sue? The reason should be pretty obvious, they might not have technically broken the law (that remains to be seen), but they want their deeds hidden from the public due to the public outcry they know would result. Darkness doesn't like the light or so a very wise man once said (hummm, I wonder who said that?).
      To be fair they could lose a lot of business due to these videos. However I don't think what I'm seeing indicates that there are still performing within the law anyway. I think it's quite clear they are breaking the law. Of course morality is separate from law altogether and we know what they are doing is not moral on any level.
      “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

the people behind these videos are smearing planned parenthood through their unfair implication that dismembering babies with steel instruments is somehow "bad"
        "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

Originally posted by hamster View Post
          the people behind these videos are smearing planned parenthood through their unfair implication that dismembering babies with steel instruments is somehow "bad"
          The fiends

tumblr_m84ah9GK4G1r76lino1_250.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I doubt if this judge who recently lifted the injunction and allowed the tapes to be published thought they were illegal.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              I doubt if this judge who recently lifted the injunction and allowed the tapes to be published thought they were illegal.
              Sometimes the law is a bit tricky in this regard. She could have reasoned it as investigative journalism in order to lift the injunction on them.
              “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Occupy Democrats?

Comment

http://www.occupydemocrats.com/plann...-video-smears/

Source: Occupy Democrats

Planned Parenthood is planning swift retribution against the perpetrators of the deplorable and illegal smear campaign that has been leveled against the vital women’s health non-profit by far-right wing anti-abortion extremists. The Center for Medical Progress, which does not employ any medical professionals, arranged a vast fraud by creating a fake biomedical company in order to attempt to “purchase” fetal tissues, secretly recording interviews with Planned Parenthood officials and then editing the footage to mislead and misrepresent the discussion that actually took place.

© Copyright Original Source

It will be interesting to see if this actually happens.
                  I love the choice of title for this article. Such fair and balanced points of view! Yet PP won't follow through because during discovery too much stuff would come out about PP and Stem Express and they don't want that.
                  Faith is not what we fall back to when reason isn't available. It's the conviction of what we have reason to believe. Greg Koukl

The loss of objectivity in moral thought does not lead to liberation. It leads to oppression. Secular ideologies preach liberty, but they practice tyranny. — Nancy Pearcey

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Zoom View Post
                    I love the choice of title for this article. Such fair and balanced points of view! Yet PP won't follow through because during discovery too much stuff would come out about PP and Stem Express and they don't want that.
                    Why would you expect it to be fair and balanced? It's an oped by a left wing website.

The real question is does any of this

Source: OP's link

Planned Parenthood is planning swift retribution against the perpetrators of the deplorable and illegal smear campaign that has been leveled against the vital women’s health non-profit by far-right wing anti-abortion extremists. The Center for Medical Progress, which does not employ any medical professionals, arranged a vast fraud by creating a fake biomedical company in order to attempt to “purchase” fetal tissues, secretly recording interviews with Planned Parenthood officials and then editing the footage to mislead and misrepresent the discussion that actually took place.

Planned Parenthood Executive Vice President Dawn Laguens told The Hill that her organization is set to take action against the CMP: “I absolutely do believe that they have violated laws in terms of how they secured these videos… But the fraud is also in how they have presented them and in the editing.” Several of the videos were recorded in California, where it is illegal to record a conversation without the consent of both parties.

Thirteen states have squandered countless tax dollars on “investigating” Planned Parenthood. Not a single one has uncovered any sort of questionable conduct or misuse of materials. The fetal tissue extracted from aborted fetuses is used in critical medical research, attempting to cure deadly diseases like HIV/AIDS.

The right-wing’s vicious smear campaign against women’s rights and healthcare will ultimately amount to naught. President Obama has already threatened to take action against states that cut Medicaid funds to Planned Parenthood, which are not used for abortions in anyway. Senate Democrats have already stymied one attempt to cut the group’s federal funding entirely. The polls show that Planned Parenthood is more popular among Americans than every single Republican candidate for president. The American people recognize the incredible work that Planned Parenthood does across the world. The non-profit deserves much better than to be besmirched by religious zealots.

Is any of this representative of what's occurred? Is any of it not?

As for whether they won't sue because discovery would uncover things... what? Actual investigations haven't turned anything up. What makes you sure that a lawsuit against CMP would discover some impropriety?

Comment

Here's an update on that lawsuit.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/ho...ned-parenthood
                      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

It's a wonder they waited this long to get justice.
                        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                          Every hyperlink that purports to be evidence of what the author is saying is either a link to life news or the guys lawyers website. Not sure hyper partisan opeds count as an update, DB
                          Last edited by Jaecp; 05-25-2016, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Court affirms media was wrong: Those videos of Planned Parenthood dealing in baby parts were not deceptively edited
                            Jan 2019

The 5th Circuit Court of Appeals has issued a ruling that allows Texas to strip Planned Parenthood of its Medicaid funding.

The decision, which is tied to the Texas Health and Human Services Commission’s call to have Planned Parenthood removed as a qualified Medicaid provider following the release of several damning undercover videos, should come as a major blow to not just the abortion provider, but also the press.

The ruling shatters the claim that the tapes, which feature Planned Parenthood associates discussing the processes by which organs from the remains of aborted children can be harvested and donated (for a fee), were selectively edited. It also affirms that Planned Parenthood associates did indeed circumvent legal and ethical guidelines in pursuit of harvesting human organs, all of this in direct contradiction to what the so-called women’s health organization and its eager defenders in the press claimed after the tapes were released in 2015.

[T]he record reflects that OIG had submitted a report from a forensic firm concluding that the video was authentic and not deceptively edited. And the plaintiffs [Planned Parenthood] did not identify any particular omission or addition in the video footage.

[…]

[T]here is no question that the OIG here made factual findings after viewing the videos and related evidence. On the basis of the administrative record … the OIG determined that video discussions “centered on clinic processes and tissue packaging rather than the abortion procedure itself; the video featured repeated discussion about the position of the fetus in the uterus, the risk to the patient, and the patient’s pain tolerance.” The OIG further concluded, based on the videos, that the Provider Plaintiffs at a minimum violated federal standards regarding fetal tissue research and standards of medical ethics by allowing doctors to alter abortion procedures to retrieve tissue for research purposes or allowing the researchers themselves to perform the procedures.

If you still believe everything you read in the news, the court’s ruling this week should come as a great shock.

When pro-life activist David Daleiden and his team at the Center for Medical Progress released the tapes in 2015, Planned Parenthood leaned heavily on the defense that the videos were unfairly doctored. This defense was parroted immediately by a servile press, despite that Planned Parenthood never explained what additional context would have exonerated its senior director of medical services saying on tape that the group was "doing a little better than" breaking even for donated organs (it is illegal to profit from the donation of fetal tissue. It is also illegal under federal law to perform partial birth abortions).

"Second Heavily Edited Planned Parenthood Attack Video Is Also a Big Bust,” Slate declared confidently.

"[A] little-known anti-abortion activist," Mother Jones reported, "ignited a firestorm by releasing ... selectively edited videos."

Planned Parenthood also enlisted the aid of the Democratic-aligned firm Fusion GPS to “prove” that the tapes were unfairly edited. Fusion GPS’ subsequent study, a note-for-note recitation of Planned Parenthood’s "selectively edited" defense, was likewise deemed factual and accurate by newsrooms, despite that it was based on a review of only four of the eight videos that had been released.

“Report for Planned Parenthood finds sting videos manipulated,” Politico reported, stressing that Fusion GPS was careful to bring in "video and transcription experts" who are "not associated with Planned Parenthood."

The firms "findings" are the first "comprehensive account of the video's discrepancies,” the article added.

"Planned Parenthood Videos Were Altered, Analysis Finds,” the New York Times reported.

The Huffington Post said elsewhere that the "'Sting' Videos Of Planned Parenthood Are Totally Manipulated, Forensic Analysis Finds,” adding that even “the supposedly unedited 'full' footage is misleadingly altered, experts say.”

Vox’s Sarah Kliff, who in 2013 dismissed questions about her lack of coverage for convicted serial killer and abortionist Kermit Gosnell by describing the episode as a “ local crime" story, penned an article titled, “I thought I saw all the Planned Parenthood sting footage. Turns out the tapes were edited.”

Not a single one of these reports mentioned Fusion GPS' historical ties to the Democratic Party, which is about as aligned with Planned Parenthood as the GOP is with the National Rifle Association.

As certain newsrooms worked hard to delegitimize the videos based on nothing but the say-so of Planned Parenthood and a Democrat-aligned public relations firm, other newsrooms went out of their way to portray the producer of the tapes as an “ extremist.”

Four years later, we learn from the 5th Circuit that the videos were neither selectively edited, nor was it false to say that Planned Parenthood associates circumvented legal, medical, and ethical guidelines in pursuit of salvaging human remains.

The press talks a big game these days about standing up for the truth and safeguarding facts. But stories such as the undercover Planned Parenthood tapes are a good reminder that, for the national media, some facts are more deserving of protection than others.

(h/t Alexandra DeSanctis)

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...ptively-edited

Comment