Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scorching Wizard View Post
    So Irate Canadian, One Bad Pig, Teallaura

Any preference on gaming systems, D&D or Pathfinder?
    DnD!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Scorching Wizard View Post
      So Irate Canadian, One Bad Pig, Teallaura

Any preference on gaming systems, D&D or Pathfinder?
      DnD

[first-level characters of any type are generally called "mostly worthless"]

I think I have a first-level Dwarven cleric of Time (NN) laying around which I never got to play with. I can probably massage the stats as necessary to make him fit whatever point allocation you come up with.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        To be honest, I never cared for the wizard/sorcerer/et al distinctions. They're all MU's to me.
        In the Brave New World, you can call yourself whatever you want.

Teallaura, you are definitely over-thinking this. I'm not focusing on the backstory. I'm looking forward to having a group of "adventurers" have other things on their mind than just killing monsters and taking their stuff. The adventurers will have the added dimension of being natural leaders and will have to organize the group of refugees. Yall share a common history about the city-state of Richmont. And there will be plenty of challenges to overcome. And of course, I still expect you to do exploring/adventuring once you get things organized. As to whether anyone else is escaping is for yall to find out.

Comment

I don't think I get this. Nameless specifically stated we are to 'preserve' Richmont's memory. It'd be easier to build the character's background if we knew something about the town we've supposedly been living in.

Whatever, I'll cast my little spell and toss my little weapons and hide behind the door like a good first level MU, shortly before dying, of course...
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

D&D
            "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
            -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            I support the :
            sigpic

Comment

Ok 2 out of 3 prefer good ol' D&D. D&D it is.

Here is the official link: http://www.d20srd.org/ So we all have the same rules.

Also, my first game used this link but there were about six things that I didn't like, that I changed. The only one I remember offhand is that summoning spells duration is min/LV, not rd/LV.

We will use a 32 point buy, using 8 as zero.
              You can choose to select one flaw and receive one feat in exchange.
              Select one trait.
              Using full variant rules for races and classes.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

I don't think I get this. Nameless specifically stated we are to 'preserve' Richmont's memory. It'd be easier to build the character's background if we knew something about the town we've supposedly been living in.
                Okay, you’re making sense Teallaura. When I set up the gaming thread, I’ll change the start to be groups of colonists going to separate places. Yes, I meant survival of the culture, not the human species.

Richmont wasn’t ‘just’ a town. Richmont was both the name of the capital city and the name of the state. The state of Richmont was known for its spirit of volunteerism, that people would step forward to do things, to make things better, instead of waiting for others. There was courage and confidence in the people. It was run by mages until about 20 years into the war, when resentment grew against their rule. The Richmont spirit of volunteerism has been battered by the war…those that stepped forward were the first to die. The final rulers are all martial and duty was imposed. Mages as a whole aren’t viewed unfavorably. But a cultural bias exists against the use and creation of portals. Humans were the dominant inhabitants, but the standard mix of every other race including mixed-breeds and bloodlines are there.

Nameless has tossed in some supplies to get you going. But I’m sticking to your group being on its own at the start.

The orc war has been going on for about forty years. It is known that the orcs have their own wizards and mighty fighters.
                Last edited by Scorching Wizard; 08-25-2015, 02:19 PM.

Comment

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Another rule change. Use maximum hit points.

Comment

Oh, you're planning on us surviving two rounds then? Cool!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Comment

I like brevity and punctuality. Let's not wait. Please submit your character sheets here.

Comment

Hello? Anyone?

[This is the part where people excitedly join in.]

Comment

So where is everyone??? I thought you'd like a game that starts quickly.

Comment

I would like to point out that showing up is half the battle. I'm present, looking for gamers.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X