Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Exploratory thread: A Brave New World

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Um. If there are multiple races doesn't that kill any chance of a breeding population?

I wanna be an Elvin wizard.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Sure, why not. More game experience!
    "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
    -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I support the :

tWebber
    Faith
    Jewish
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Um. If there are multiple races doesn't that kill any chance of a breeding population?

I wanna be an Elvin wizard.
    I guess wizard's aren't well versed in biology either. Perhaps my nameless wizard is just trying to save a particular someone and came up with a story. He's already working against the remaining authorities by creating an illegal portal.

Sure, elven wizard is fine. Although most 1st level mages aren't called wizards. You just barely finished your apprentice-ship. Wanna be a pregnant elven wizard?
    Last edited by Scorching Wizard; 08-25-2015 at 04:28 PM.

tWebber
    Faith
    Jewish
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So Irate Canadian, One Bad Pig, Teallaura

Any preference on gaming systems, D&D or Pathfinder?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    To be honest, I never cared for the wizard/sorcerer/et al distinctions. They're all MU's to me.

Nameless, if he has half a brain, will find a good place to hide and send additional people if and when he finds them and has the power. Conversely, he could entrust this group with a scroll with the spell so that someday we can get back and hopefully get some more survivors.

Richmont is a town, correct? If it survived years of fighting an orc parade, it has more than just us surviving. Plus there should be others on the planet - these aren't the smartest orcs in the barrel if a city can withstand them for years. It is therefore likely that larger pops survive elsewhere on the planet. The smartest move would have been to cut Richmont off from the rest of the planet initially to prevent it being overrun by the orcs. If so, then we're trying to save the culture, not the species'. Nameless could toss in a few volunteers from the outside world to get us up to sustainable levels.

Okay, speculation aside, how long ago did the fighting start? Have any of us been alive long enough to remember the time before the orcs (I presume so but if we're all first level...)

What type of government did Richmont have? What, if any, race is dominant? What is unique to Richmont's culture? How are wizards viewed presently? (I would guess they aren't on anyone's 'best thing since white bread' list but is there resentment?)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorching Wizard View Post

DnD!

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorching Wizard View Post

DnD

[first-level characters of any type are generally called "mostly worthless"]

I think I have a first-level Dwarven cleric of Time (NN) laying around which I never got to play with. I can probably massage the stats as necessary to make him fit whatever point allocation you come up with.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

tWebber
    Faith
    Jewish
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    To be honest, I never cared for the wizard/sorcerer/et al distinctions. They're all MU's to me.
    In the Brave New World, you can call yourself whatever you want.

Teallaura, you are definitely over-thinking this. I'm not focusing on the backstory. I'm looking forward to having a group of "adventurers" have other things on their mind than just killing monsters and taking their stuff. The adventurers will have the added dimension of being natural leaders and will have to organize the group of refugees. Yall share a common history about the city-state of Richmont. And there will be plenty of challenges to overcome. And of course, I still expect you to do exploring/adventuring once you get things organized. As to whether anyone else is escaping is for yall to find out.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

I don't think I get this. Nameless specifically stated we are to 'preserve' Richmont's memory. It'd be easier to build the character's background if we knew something about the town we've supposedly been living in.

Whatever, I'll cast my little spell and toss my little weapons and hide behind the door like a good first level MU, shortly before dying, of course...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    D&D
    "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
    -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I support the :