Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Pls hlp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Well, I've been sanctioned until November 20th. Which, given the Tory government, is more lenient than I'd expect, bearing in mind, people have missed things like this for hospital appointments, etc. and been sanctioned.
      My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

Get here as soon as possible! (Like you didn't already intend that.)

I'm so sorry.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Waiting on the application to be processed. I should get a letter or whatnot asking me to come to the US Embassy in London for an interview, where they talk to me for a bit and I leave my passport with them. If successful, I get my passport back in the mail with a nice shiny visa attached to it. If not, then I just get my passport back.

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I've checked the current processing times for the service center our paperwork is at, and it looks like they are behind on the paperwork for the permanent visa petition, and on time for the temporary visa petition. We should hear something in January, unless they get backlogged again and it takes them longer (which is entirely likely). Once they finish their thing, we can finally apply for his temporary visa and then when that is sorted, we can start looking at airfare.

In one week, it will have been a year since the last time we saw each other.
              Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

We got the petition approval earlier than expected. I have paid the fees and am about to start filling out more paperwork. Some of it is duplicates of stuff already sent, but they want up-to-date copies. However, my dad lost his job after sending in the previous round of paperwork and I was counting on his income to get me above the income requirement. Since that round was submitted I have gotten a second job though, and my dad has a new job (same as my second job, actually) but it doesn't pay nearly as much as the job he just lost. I hope it is enough.

I really don't have the time to fill out paperwork, and I obviously don't have the money to pay an immigration lawyer to do it for me. I am having to stay up much later than I should as it is to get things like laundry done, so I hope I can get this done quickly and without snags. I hope RG gets here and gets a job quickly so I can quit at least one of my jobs. I need some time off.

Comment

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I am become death...

Comment

Update:

I had to wait until I had my taxes done so that I would have a current tax return to submit with the financial paperwork. The previous tax return doesn't show my second job as I only started there in October.

I am waiting on one letter from my supervisor at my second job explaining that I only worked at that job for two months out of the calendar year in 2015, and that's why the amount on my W-2 is so low. If I stay at this job, in 2016 I should make enough on my own to qualify for the visa. Once I have that letter, I will have all the paperwork I need to submit.

I have been saving my money as much as is reasonable, while still throwing money at my school loan to make it go away. My hope is to start looking at houses when RG gets here, but I know it will be a while before we're ready to buy our own. We'll rent for a while and hopefully we can find a decent house with a garage that I can use as a workshop. I'm going crazy with all my tools in storage.
                          Last edited by QuantaFille; 02-07-2016, 12:22 AM.

Comment

I currently have £2,500 in savings. Thought I had more, but apparently not.

Comment

I'm going to have to attend a medical examination with an approved physician, and the only physician approved by the US Embassy is in London. And the medical examination itself will cost £250. And then I have to pay the visa processing fees once I attend my interview at the embassy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
                                I'm going to have to attend a medical examination with an approved physician, and the only physician approved by the US Embassy is in London. And the medical examination itself will cost £250. And then I have to pay the visa processing fees once I attend my interview at the embassy.
                                I understand

you have to be crazy to want to move to the USA.

Comment