Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Pls hlp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, NOW I am back up to £2,800 in savings, and I should hopefully be selling my guitar amp this Saturday, which SHOULD fetch at least £300, providing the store owner isn't a massive cheap skate (it's worth over £800 brand new).

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    you have to be crazy to want to move to the USA.
    If I were moving to the Communist Republic of Commiefornia California, or one of the other backwards, liberal states like East Berlin New York, etc. then yes. However, I'm moving to the Republic of Texas. The real state. The best state.

Of course, I might get lucky. It could be that whoever wins the 2016 election is just so awful that all the fiscally responsible states just get up and leave the union. A man can dream, can't he?
    My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
      Okay, NOW I am back up to £2,800 in savings, and I should hopefully be selling my guitar amp this Saturday, which SHOULD fetch at least £300, providing the store owner isn't a massive cheap skate (it's worth over £800 brand new).

If I were moving to the Communist Republic of Commiefornia California, or one of the other backwards, liberal states like East Berlin New York, etc. then yes. However, I'm moving to the Republic of Texas. The real state. The best state.

Of course, I might get lucky. It could be that whoever wins the 2016 election is just so awful that all the fiscally responsible states just get up and leave the union. A man can dream, can't he?
      The United States of John Wayne.

Comment

Just got an email from the National Visa Center. They have received all of our paperwork and should be able to get it all reviewed and verified in 30 days, and schedule the interview when that's done. I don't have any idea yet when the interview will be. Probably at least a month after that.
        I will keep you posted.
        Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Awesome news for the both of you. Praying that the process will go smoothly with no holdups.
          Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
          1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Interview will be June 7.
            Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Medical Examination is booked for May 23rd. And I paid the fee to have all my documents shipped back to me, rather than me having to pick them up from the nearest depot (which would be Southampton).

Comment

I'm currently working part-time at McDonalds, but I've begun feeling massively depressed again lately, so I'd appreciate your prayers (and I'm sure Quanta would too).

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Medical went fine, although I had to have two vaccinations (which cost an additional £80). I also had to get my GP to file a report for the medical examiner, which took almost a week to get done and cost me £40.

Had my US embassy interview today. Basically, even though Quanta meets the financial requirements, the 'wrong' form was filed and the 'wrong' type of evidence was submitted, even though Quanta did exactly what the NVC told her. So, basically, because the left hand had no idea what the right hand was doing, we now have to file all this again, and we need a joint sponsor because, even though Quanta meets the requirement, the evidence the US embassy wants doesn't show that. Gotta give it up for government efficiency.

Comment

Well, turns out I didn't pass my probationary period at McDonalds, and so am back to being unemployed. Even though I met most of the criteria, I apparently wasn't 'enthusiastic' enough. Of course, given that I am fiscally responsible, my savings are still around £2.9/£3k. Even though I recently had to spend in excess of £400 going up to London for medical exams and embassy interviews.

Comment

Well, turns out I didn't pass my probationary period at McDonalds, and so am back to being unemployed. Even though I met most of the criteria, I apparently wasn't 'enthusiastic' enough. Of course, given that I am fiscally responsible, my savings are still around £2.9/£3k. Even though I recently had to spend in excess of £400 going up to London for medical exams and embassy interviews.
                        You all need to tell everyone you are Syrian Refugees then you can go anywhere you want and get free housing and support.

Comment

Customer service jobs require you put on a performance.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                          "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                          Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
                            Customer service jobs require you put on a performance.
                            I was only on front counter once, and the entire time I was smiling and made eye contact with customer. Apparently, you have to be 'enthusiastic' the whole time. Which is odd, because the majority of the staff looked miserable and frequently complained about how they hated it there. I honestly felt like the only person who wanted to be there.

Comment

I was only on front counter once, and the entire time I was smiling and made eye contact with customer. Apparently, you have to be 'enthusiastic' the whole time. Which is odd, because the majority of the staff looked miserable and frequently complained about how they hated it there. I honestly felt like the only person who wanted to be there.
                              Bizarre. Maybe there's a clique thing?

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                              "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                              Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
                                Bizarre. Maybe there's a clique thing?
                                Working at McDonalds seem to me to be one of the most retarded things you can form a clique around.

Comment