Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Pls hlp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

The processing center handling our case has received Round 2 of the paperwork. They are "supposed" to process this one before the first one, but according to the estimated time-to-process charts on their website they will likely finish the first round first instead. Which means we can skip Round 3 and go right to Round 4. Maybe. I think.
      Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Um... ?
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I applied for two temporary roles: one at a supermarket part-time, the other at a videogame retail store. Didn't get an interview for the first one, and, so far, haven't heard back from the second one. :-(

On the plus side, I am at 94% of my target amount on my GoFundMe. :-)
          My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Got a letter from the company contracted to provide work placements in connection with the JobCentre today. I was fully expecting to be sanctioned. However, instead it read:
                "Dear [RG],
                You are no longer required to attend your Mandatory Work Activity Placement.
                Your last day on Mandatory Work Activity was therefore Friday, 21 August 2015.
                If you are still looking for work you should report back to Jobcentre Plus.

[Company name]"

I'm hoping this means what I think this means.

Comment

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Okay, so the DWP (Department for Work and Pensions) just sent me a letter:
                    "Dear [RG],

A doubt has arisen on your entitlement to Jobseeker's Allowance because it appears that you have failed to take part in Mandatory Work Activity by failing to undertake the activity that [company name one] told you to do.

We have been told that on
                    [date] you were notified to take part in a Mandatory Work Activity at [company name two] starting on the [date] for a 4 week period but that from the [date] you failed to attend.

Will you please reply overleaf by the
                    [date] to explain why you did not undertake this activity.
                    Please reply in the pre-paid envelope provided.

You should note that unless you can provide a good reason for not undertaking this activity, your benefit may be affected.

We will decided if your benefit will be affected, and we will let you know what effect the decision has on your Jobseeker's Allowance and/or the award of National Insurance credits.

As long as you are still looking for work, you should continue to provide signed declarations as normal.

Payment of Jobseeker's Allowance will not be affected until the decision has been made.

Yours Sincerely

Office Manager
                    "

Well, maybe if the government stopped wrecking the economy then I wouldn't have to be reliant on an incredibly inefficient and wasteful system of state welfare and benefits, hmm? People often ask me why I think state handouts are a bad idea. This is one reason right here. IT DOESN'T SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

Comment

Comment

Okay, so went to the JobCentre this morning. Told my Job Coach/Advisor about what happened and during the meeting I get a phone call from some various JobCentre/DWP office asking why I failed to attend a signing appointment on the 4th September (I didn't because my Job Coach/Advisor didn't schedule one since I was supposed to be on the Mandatory Work Activity but didn't go since I had a panic attack/anxiety & depressive episode.) Anyway, I passed the phone to my advisor, he explained to the woman on the other end what was going on. I then signed a form declaring a period of sickness, and he then called the woman back to confirm and so I'm not getting cited/sanctioned for that on that end. However, missing the MWA may still get me cited/sanctioned, but my Job Advisor thinks that declaring the period one of sickness will work in my favour. Of course, I CAN obtain a sick note from my doctor if necessary, so, again, that SHOULD count in my favour. Hopefully they'll just assign me another work placement.. and preferably one that is not overstaffed, one where I will actually be doing stuff (preferably something relevant to my qualifications and experience), and preferably someplace closer and/or less out of the way.

Comment

RG, what kind of positions are there? You have a degree in music and history don't you? Just curious to what that relates to job wise.
                          “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

I have a BA in History and Music, yes, but I also have an MA in Cultural History. I will most likely train as a teacher and work at the high school level until I can afford to do a PhD... which should also give me enough time to learn Latin, Greek, Hebrew, German, and French to an appropriate level (most PhD programs have language requirements.)

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
                              I have a BA in History and Music, yes, but I also have an MA in Cultural History. I will most likely train as a teacher and work at the high school level until I can afford to do a PhD... which should also give me enough time to learn Latin, Greek, Hebrew, German, and French to an appropriate level (most PhD programs have language requirements.)
                              Hopefully when you move to the US you should be able to find something suitable. Wishing you the best mate.
                              “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Comment