Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

one word description of leading candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one word description of leading candidates

A new poll conducted by Quinnipiac University asked over 1500 people for a one word description for some of the leading presidential candidates. The one most often picked for Hillary Clinton was "liar." For Donald Trump it was "arrogant."

Here is a breakdown of the top 15 picks for each of them (Note that the numbers don't represent percentages but rather show the number of times each response was given)

Hillary Clinton
    liar ... 178
    dishonest ... 123
    untrustworthy ... 93
    experience ... 82
    strong ... 59
    Bill ... 56
    woman ... 47
    smart ... 31
    crook ... 21
    untruthful ... 19
    criminal ... 18
    deceitful ... 18
    Democrat ... 16
    intelligent ... 15
    email ... 14

The takeaway here is that by far and away the word most commonly associated with Hillary question her honesty. Of course many if not most people didn't think Bill Clinton was very truthful but his likability was able to overcome this. The question is does Hillary come anywhere as close as her husband to being liked? Most would answer no and this could be her biggest problem.

Donald Trump
    arrogant ... 58
    blowhard ... 38
    idiot ... 35
    businessman ... 34
    clown ... 34
    honest ... 30
    ego ... 29
    money ... 29
    outspoken ... 28
    crazy ... 26
    rich ... 26
    showman ... 23
    strong ... 20
    [vulgar term for anus] ... 18
    joke ... 16

More of a mix but arrogant/ego leads the field followed by blowhard/outspoken. IMO, these aren't nearly as potentially damaging than being thought of as a liar/dishonest ("honest" ranks fairly high for Trump). Look at Obama who has done quite well being rather arrogant and egotistical. What I find interesting is that many of those who denounce Obama for his arrogance seem to praise Trump for his -- and vice versa. What may be more of a problem for Trump is the perception by a significant number of people that he is a clown/crazy/vulgar term/joke. But then again that was how many Democrats treated Reagan.

Comments?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

lol @ experience being high on Hillary's list. The woman's a trainwreck and, if there's any justice in the world, going to jail.

And here is CNN, "accidentally" doing damage control for her:

"As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Stephen Harper -- trustworthy

Tom Mulcair -- communist

Justin Trudeau -- idiotmoronderpsubstituteteacherridingonhisfather's coattailsandname

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        lol @ experience being high on Hillary's list. The woman's a trainwreck and, if there's any justice in the world, going to jail.

And here is CNN, "accidentally" doing damage control for her:

Hey, she is an experienced liar! I mean, what else would that be meaning in this context?

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
          Hey, she is an experienced liar! I mean, what else would that be meaning in this context?

They put "trustworthy" instead of "untrustworthy" like it was in the actual poll to make it look like there's some major debate on her trustworthiness.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

poopieheads

ALL of them!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

lol @ experience being high on Hillary's list.
              She has tons of experience being a dishonest liar And you can TRUST her to do so!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Just in case you didn't notice, we are having a federal election in October. Hence my contribution to this thread.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

All of them are just figure heads that represent special interest groups. None of them care about you, you're problems, or any of Americas broken programs. Yes, even those politicians that say "I'm just like you!" and "I'm different from the other guys!" are puppets no different than their competition. Right now they just want your vote and once they've got it, they don't care about you anymore, and they answer to the interests that funded them to begin with.

Who wins the election? Not you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                    All of them are just figure heads that represent special interest groups. None of them care about you, you're problems,
                    your problems

or any of Americas broken programs. Yes, even those politicians that say "I'm just like you!" and "I'm different from the other guys!" are puppets no different than their competition.
                    Who is Trump's puppetmaster?

Comment

They put "trustworthy" instead of "untrustworthy" like it was in the actual poll to make it look like there's some major debate on her trustworthiness.
                      Back when Bill was president CNN banned the use of the word "scandal" to describe the various, well, scandals that plagued him. This was one of the many reasons that they were mocked as the Clinton News Network.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                        Just in case you didn't notice, we are having a federal election in October. Hence my contribution to this thread.
                        Hold it right there! Who screwed up and allowed Canuckistanis to vote on anything?

Comment

Harper: Overreaching
                          Mulcair: Thriftless
                          Trudeau: Wannabe

That's my thoughts on the Big Three (or as I call 'em, The Three Stooges) here in Canada.
                          Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                            Harper: Overreaching
                            Mulcair: Thriftless
                            Trudeau: Wannabe

That's my thoughts on the Big Three (or as I call 'em, The Three Stooges) here in Canada.
                            You gotta go with the lesser of the evils.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Comments?
                              No-one said "hair"?
                              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment