Announcement

Collapse

Judaism Guidelines

Theists only.

Shalom!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the world religion of Judaism in general and also its relationship to Christianity. This forum is generally for theists only. Non-theists (eg, atheistic Jews) may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Non-theists are welcome to discuss and debate issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Death Two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I recall, there are a number of passages in the Old Testament where scholars were taken to task for messing with the recorded counsels of God, and the person appointed to do it was just a layman.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
      As I recall, there are a number of passages in the Old Testament where scholars were taken to task for messing with the recorded counsels of God, and the person appointed to do it was just a layman.
      I don't know what you're talking about. Provide a reference.

Comment

Amos - neither a prophet nor the son of a prophet ... just a shepherd. Kings and priests being rebuked and prophecies against Israel spoken by a mere shepherd - and Amos was by no means the only layman who was assigned such tasks.
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

These are completely unrelated topics.

Amos was one of the great prophets of the Jews. Like any other prophet, he spoke to his generation, when the people were straying from G-d's Laws.

OTOH, to make any sense of the Kabbalah requires a person to have a high level of study in Judaism.

Using your "logic", no one could get a doctorate with any subject unless they are a prophet.
          Last edited by Scorching Wizard; 09-21-2015, 03:43 PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X