Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

I Love Sundays!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Love Sundays!

Especially hot fudge ones with whipped cream and a cherry on top!

But I digress.....

I love SUNDAYS at our Church, because God is doing such good stuff! The fellowship is growing, both numerically and spiritually, and it's just downright fun to be in Church! I don't mean "fun" like "entertaining" - I mean a real blessing that puts a smile on my face just thinking about it.

I think about some of you who are struggling, or have struggled, with either where you are, or where you have been for worship, and it hurts me to think that you don't have the joy of looking forward to being with God's people.

I'm preaching (and therefore studying) through the book of 1 Peter right now, and in the first chapter, Peter is telling us how to live the Christian life as individuals, SO that (chapter 2) we can be "living stones" together.

It puts me in mind of the Old Testament where, when entering Canaan, God designated ONE PLACE for everybody to worship, and God will put His Name there.

In the New Testament, Peter is explaining that we have communities of believers, and we are to be ACTIVE in worship. In the OT, the Priests did everything, and we were, basically, observers. In the NT, we are PARTICIPANTS, because we are priests, a royal priesthood, a holy nation.....

There have been times I have gotten up on Sunday Morning and thought, "do I HAVE to go to Church?" "Maybe I can call in sick"....

Lately - the last couple years in particular, I can hardly wait for Sunday --- we have such loving people, and they are so appreciative of the loving fellowship....

In about 12 hours, I'll be there, and loving every minute!

I really do love Sundays!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I don't preach, but I still look forward to Sundays.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I Love Sunday, tao!
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

? The Tao of Pooh I've heard of, but ... ?
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Jesus rose from the dead on a Sunday! That's why Sundays are great!
          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

I want to go to church, but my church is across town and nearly impossible to get to because of road construction. That and my health. I have tried to find a closer church but can't find one that I think would work for me. I sure wish I lived near you Cow Poke! I would love to go to your church. It sounds wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              I want to go to church, but my church is across town and nearly impossible to get to because of road construction. That and my health. I have tried to find a closer church but can't find one that I think would work for me. I sure wish I lived near you Cow Poke! I would love to go to your church. It sounds wonderful.
              I'd love to have you -- our Business Meeting is this Wednesday Night, and we have some of the BEST business meetings I've ever seen -- we discuss things, vote on things, and have fun and do it in total unity! God is so good. And, we had a teenage girl accept Christ this past Sunday, and she will be getting baptized soon.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I love Sundays. I look forward to them like I hadn't for several years.

Our congregation is not big, but we are learning to worship as God would have us.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                  I love Sundays. I look forward to them like I hadn't for several years.

Our congregation is not big, but we are learning to worship as God would have us.
                  But do you have cookies?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    But do you have cookies?
                    nowadays you get cookies on the web.

Comment

But do you have cookies?
                      We don't serve cookies during service. We usually have coffee, though.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

But do you have cooties?
                        fify

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                          fify
                          Reminds me of a border town Church I preached in one summer - we had to have "the talk" about head lice, and the Church was supplying the medication to combat it, and keep it from becoming an epidemic. Every time I did that talk, my head would itch like crazy for about a week!

Comment

Reminds me of a border town Church I preached in one summer - we had to have "the talk" about head lice, and the Church was supplying the medication to combat it, and keep it from becoming an epidemic. Every time I did that talk, my head would itch like crazy for about a week!

That is how the planet of the apes will start. People will hire monkeys to pick the lice out of their kid's hair and eventually the chimps will rebel and go around wearing confederate flag t-shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              That is how the planet of the apes will start. People will hire monkeys to pick the lice out of their kid's hair and eventually the chimps will rebel and go around wearing Canadian flag t-shirts.
                              Fixed it for ya!
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment