Announcement

Collapse

Admissions Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the TheologyWeb Community. Here in the Admissions Dept. we welcome all the newcomers. This section is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new resident. Be sure to be welcomed or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is slacking.

Forum Rules: here

Wow! You made it! Here you are in the Admissions and Orientation Department of Tweb! This is where the rubber first hits the road; where the pedal first hits the metal; where the nuts come out of the woodwork to make sure you feel at home here.

The Admissions area is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new inmate resident, and we encourage you to leave here and head out into the great big wide world of Tweb as soon as you feel comfortable in your new username.

Be sure to reply to your welcome thread, or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is out to lunch or painting their living room.
See more
See less

Hi new around here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    In my cult, we believe in drinking blood, eating flesh, and dead people coming back to life.
    As long as it's not Thyestean feasts and Oedipean revels....

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      As long as it's not Thyestean feasts and Oedipean revels....

Rats - I guess that means shuchinikurin is off the agenda too.
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

At this point I'd settle for a good buffet (as long as it included bacon of course)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          At this point I'd settle for a good buffet (as long as it included bacon of course)
          Included?

Pay no attention to that heretic TheatricalA - he'll lead you astray.
          Last edited by tabibito; 08-31-2015, 10:21 AM.
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
          Scripture before Tradition:
          but that won't prevent others from
          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by theatricalA View Post
            HMMMMM I feel like I'm not welcome to participate in much of this forum. I see lots of theists only.
            There are a few atheist brethren here. Civics is quite popular. Stick around.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by theatricalA View Post
              Hello not sure why I joined other than a certain some one piqued my interested.

And I'll probably proceed to piss that person off.

Any how Hello to all!
              Originally posted by Mr.Kott
              This is why I have not posted here. I do not advocate swearing. Apparently the Administrators here do. I will now cancel my account.
              Well done, theat!

Comment

Actually, I think if you want to participate in a civil manner (looking like you do ) you can always PM the thread starter and ask for permission to post in their thread.
                And be sure to get permission from the Department Head (the moderators with their names in green) as well, although if you have the thread stater's permission that is usually a rubber stamp.

Anyhow...

Dagnabit! I just realized this was an old thread. Oh well, I'll just listen to a little Floyd.
                Last edited by rogue06; 12-04-2015, 07:43 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                  There are a few atheist brethren here. Civics is quite popular. Stick around.

"atheist brethren" -- isn't that like "military intelligence" or "jumbo shrimp"?
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

"atheist brethren" -- isn't that like "military intelligence" or "jumbo shrimp"?
                    Decrying 'military intelligence' like the true liberal that you are. Don't you believe in the 'brotherhood of Man'? Forgive the politically incorrect sexist reference to humanity or rather huwomanity or rather primal and fetal universal femininity or whatever your preferred liberal terminology is these days.
                    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                      Decrying 'military intelligence' like the true liberal that you are.
                      Laughing - but it's a bit self deprecating, since I used to be one.

Don't you believe in the 'brotherhood of Man'? Forgive the politically incorrect sexist reference to humanity or rather huwomanity or rather primal and fetal universal femininity or whatever your preferred liberal terminology is these days.
                      I shall report to the nearest re-education camp immediately. (after lunch)
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Laughing - but it's a bit self deprecating, since I used to be one.
                        Military or intelligent?
                        When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                          Military or intelligent?
                          Yes.

Comment

hello new crew member

Comment

Welcome aboard..

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X