Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

OK, SHE SAID IT! - Women Bring on Sexual Assault by Their Dress / Conduct...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    I've wondered why some people make it sound like you can never reduce the chance of becoming a crime victim.
    That's a great question. I think the concern is that it could be misconstrued as being entirely the victim's fault.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
      Understandable. I was thinking in terms of if more women were armed, would places that could potentially be seen as "problems" still be that way? I think that maybe once the word is out that the chances of a woman being armed is more likely, these kind of situations become less dangerous?
      On a very WEIRD side note, assuming that carrying a weapon is a good idea for a woman (not associated with the consumption of drugs or alcohol) a modestly dressed woman has a far greater chance of being thought to have a weapon than a scantily clad one.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        On a very WEIRD side note, assuming that carrying a weapon is a good idea for a woman (not associated with the consumption of drugs or alcohol) a modestly dressed woman has a far greater chance of being thought to have a weapon than a scantily clad one.
        Very true. But life has taught me that women are real good at hiding things...
        "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Problem solvicated

Of course they'll need to get a CCW permit

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I just find it interesting that once again, the liberals want to tell other people what their opinion should be.

stop-the-liberal-hate-battaile-politics-1359689165.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              I just find it interesting that once again, the liberals want to tell other people what their opinion should be.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9252[/ATTACH]

You're against people saying that someone's opinion is wrong?
              "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                You're against people saying that someone's opinion is wrong?
                har har. Where did I say that? I believe we all can voice our opinions. But when someone voices their opinion that goes against PC, all hell breaks loose. Like when the Christians said they were against homosexual weddings. Their businesses were boycotted, their lives threatened, they were fined by the liberal government. So yes you can voice your disagreement with our views, and I support that as your right. But you don't have the right to try to force me or others to change our views to become what you consider PC. Where's the tolerance from YOUR side?

Comment

Not putting yourself in a bad situation to begin with is the best choice - if you are down to deciding whether or not to shoot, you already lost. You may win the moment but your life will be forever changed.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Yeah, I have my permit, but I don't carry 99% of the time. That's because I know I'm not really ready to shoot someone, even in self defense. My husband carries all the time.
                    sigpic
                    "...so encourage each other and build one another up." ~1 Thessalonians 5:11

Comment

har har. Where did I say that? I believe we all can voice our opinions. But when someone voices their opinion that goes against PC, all hell breaks loose. Like when the Christians said they were against homosexual weddings. Their businesses were boycotted, their lives threatened, they were fined by the liberal government. So yes you can voice your disagreement with our views, and I support that as your right. But you don't have the right to try to force me or others to change our views to become what you consider PC. Where's the tolerance from YOUR side?
                      What "tolerance" has been missing from the liberals here? Has "all hell" broken loose? Has anyone gone farther than to argue that Ms. Hynde's apparent opinion is wrong?
                      "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                        Not putting yourself in a bad situation to begin with is the best choice
                        Exactly. Deciding to take a shortcut through a dark alley is definitely not a wise choice and obviously if something untold happens it isn't the victim's fault.

- if you are down to deciding whether or not to shoot, you already lost. You may win the moment but your life will be forever changed.
                        And almost never in a good way. Even if you have to shoot someone in self-defense or to protect others including loved ones it will likely profoundly affect you.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Of course she does; Ms. Hynde is, however, wrong if her opinion is that women should expect to be violently assaulted for their choice of dress or that it's a woman's "fault" (quotes in the OP) for being assaulted when intoxicated.

If I leave the door to my car unlocked when I run into Wal-Mart, I shouldn't have to expect to find my seats gone when I get back, nor would it be my fault for leaving the car unlocked. It's a bad precedent to argue that criminal acts are the fault of the victim rather than the criminal.
                          are more likely to be...

Not familiar with nuance, I see?

"Obvious to all but the most ignorant.

Comment

Not putting yourself in a bad situation to begin with is the best choice - if you are down to deciding whether or not to shoot, you already lost. You may win the moment but your life will be forever changed.
                            Very true. Though even thinking you are in a good situation can turn bad very quickly. I feel it is best to be prepared if you ever think you might find yourself in a bad situation.
                            "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

What "tolerance" has been missing from the liberals here? Has "all hell" broken loose? Has anyone gone farther than to argue that Ms. Hynde's apparent opinion is wrong?
                              I was speaking of liberals in general, as a political group. Not the member here, because exactly what could you do here anyway? Leave in a huff?

It is like the the issue with the confederate flag, or whenever someone tweets their opinion and ends up losing their job because of the hatred tossed back at them, or that Judge that lost his job because he wrote against homosexuality in a Christian book he authored for his church.

Liberals are not happy with letting others have their own opinions unless it agrees with their own.

Comment

I was speaking of liberals in general, as a political group. Not the member here, because exactly what could you do here anyway? Leave in a huff?

It is like the the issue with the confederate flag, or whenever someone tweets their opinion and ends up losing their job because of the hatred tossed back at them, or that Judge that lost his job because he wrote against homosexuality in a Christian book he authored for his church.

Liberals are not happy with letting others have their own opinions unless it agrees with their own.
                                well said
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment