Do Men Dream About Their Wedding Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Men Dream About Their Wedding Day?

I would like a serious answer before this turns into a spamfest. For most of us girls the wedding itself is a very big deal. Hopefully, it is a celebration of a lifetime. But it seems like guys regard it more as a necessary evil at best.

I was wondering what guys really think about it. Is the wedding itself something you look forward to and or daydream about? Is it something you have to bear like wearing a tie to work? Something in between, perhaps?
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Definitely don't see it as a "necessary evil", but not sure I really "dream about it".

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      I would like a serious answer before this turns into a spamfest. For most of us girls the wedding itself is a very big deal. Hopefully, it is a celebration of a lifetime. But it seems like guys regard it more as a necessary evil at best.

I was wondering what guys really think about it. Is the wedding itself something you look forward to and or daydream about? Is it something you have to bear like wearing a tie to work? Something in between, perhaps?
      No, we don't dream about it. I mean if you love your future wife it will be a happy day. But the problem is more of the wedding itself. The actual event, women tend to blow it up. To many people, too much money, way too much fuss. I think most guys would be happy with a handful of close friends and family in a much less formal setting.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I don't think we dream about it, no. I am sure most of us look forward to that day however. But I don't know any guy that has ever dreamt about that day.
        "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

It was simply a necessary part of the process of getting/being married, and I knew it meant a lot to her.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

Do robot dream of electric sheep?

On a more serious note, I've never heard any male make much of a big deal about their wedding day (whether in anticipation or in recollection) although I would be surprised if some don't. Most, it seems, are more likely to dream about growing old with the woman they love (the entire marriage) than being hung up on one day of it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              No, we don't dream about it. I mean if you love your future wife it will be a happy day. But the problem is more of the wedding itself. The actual event, women tend to blow it up. To many people, too much money, way too much fuss. I think most guys would be happy with a handful of close friends and family in a much less formal setting.
              Yeah, pretty much.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Men look forward to being married, not the ceremony with all the flowers and cakes and dresses and all that. To most girls they are brought up to think of the wedding as some sort of fairy tale event where they are the princess and prince charming has swept them off their feet. So they want all the fancy stuff. Most men don't really care for all that stuff, having to wear a suit, picking out this and that, planning where everyone will sit, etc.

Comment

I do not have any experience in this area. My true love and I were married by a San Diego Judge. That was 51 years ago tomorrow.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                    I do not have any experience in this area. My true love and I were married by a San Diego Judge. That was 51 years ago tomorrow.
                    You married your bee hive?

Comment

Blessings on your anniversary, Jed!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Happy Anniversary tomorrow.

Comment

I've been married twice. The first time was in a muddy apple orchard officiated by a science fiction author. That husband couldn't understand why we couldn't just put out some chips & dip and call it a day. The second time was a decade later to a man whose first wedding had been a non-event. He was much more involved in the decisions of this wedding. The celebration was definitely ours, equally. So, speaking on his behalf, I think he did dream about the day some. It may have had something to do with having played in a wedding band for 10 years!
                          sigpic
                          "...so encourage each other and build one another up." ~1 Thessalonians 5:11

Comment

Originally posted by JardinPrayer View Post
                            It may have had something to do with having played in a wedding band for 10 years!
                            Somebody git a rope!

Comment

Happy anniversary!
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment