Do Men Dream About Their Wedding Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
    Because I don't like interacting with people face to face, or even being out in public, without interacting with anyone. It's no problem when I'm amongst people I know already, but being amongst people I haven't spent considerable amount of time with makes me uncomfortable.

To clarify: I'm not afraid of it, I just don't like it.
    Oh, OK. You can't find a nice wife at church?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Oh, OK. You can't find a nice wife at church?
      Perhaps, but that would require me to go to church regularly. I did go to church when I lived in Sweden for about 3 years (I think it was 3 years, might be a bit less) but after I moved back to Finland I stopped going for some reason. I would need to find a congregation who's teachings I find comfortable in order for me to start going again, which means that charismatic churches are out of the question (nothing against them, I simply do not agree with many charismatics in regards to how gifts of the Spirit should manifest themselves), as is the official Lutheran church in Finland. The only options left are some confessional Lutheran congregation, or an Orthodox parish (not sure if that's the correct term), but even though I find Orthodox teachings attractive I'm not sure if I'm ready to convert to Orthodoxy. (The liturgy in Orthodox churches are also a bit foreign to me)

IOW, I'm stuck between whether not I should stay a confessional Lutheran, or convert to Orthodoxy, and until I've figured that one out going to either church/parish w/e, feels like I'm pretending.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        The Moon!!!
        Well, that's what she'll expect, and you can negotiate from there.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Perhaps, but that would require me to go to church regularly. I did go to church when I lived in Sweden for about 3 years (I think it was 3 years, might be a bit less) but after I moved back to Finland I stopped going for some reason. I would need to find a congregation who's teachings I find comfortable in order for me to start going again, which means that charismatic churches are out of the question (nothing against them, I simply do not agree with many charismatics in regards to how gifts of the Spirit should manifest themselves), as is the official Lutheran church in Finland. The only options left are some confessional Lutheran congregation, or an Orthodox parish (not sure if that's the correct term), but even though I find Orthodox teachings attractive I'm not sure if I'm ready to convert to Orthodoxy. (The liturgy in Orthodox churches are also a bit foreign to me)

IOW, I'm stuck between whether not I should stay a confessional Lutheran, or convert to Orthodoxy, and until I've figured that one out going to either church/parish w/e, feels like I'm pretending.
          What - no Mennonites?
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
          Scripture before Tradition:
          but that won't prevent others from
          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Do you have Christian dating services over there? My son met his wife like that - they have a wonderful marriage and two beautiful children. I like the Orthodoxy church. A lot like the Catholic Church of my youth. I personally would remain Lutheran though...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

The only options left are some confessional Lutheran congregation, or an Orthodox parish (not sure if that's the correct term), but even though I find Orthodox teachings attractive I'm not sure if I'm ready to convert to Orthodoxy. (The liturgy in Orthodox churches are also a bit foreign to me)
              (yes, that's the correct term)
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                What - no Mennonites?
                Well, since I believe infant baptism is a valid form of baptism, and that God can work in baptism even when the person being baptized isn't aware of what's happening I don't see myself going to a anabaptist congregation any time soon.

Comment

Well, since I believe infant baptism is a valid form of baptism, and that God can work in baptism even when the person being baptized isn't aware of what's happening I don't see myself going to a anabaptist congregation any time soon.
                  I have never seen an infant baptize anybody. Unless you accept "sprinkling" and include those diaper changing accidents.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    Do you have Christian dating services over there? My son met his wife like that - they have a wonderful marriage and two beautiful children. I like the Orthodoxy church. A lot like the Catholic Church of my youth. I personally would remain Lutheran though...
                    I don't like dating services.

As to whether what denomination I will end up going to in the end is a matter of which of the teachings of confessional Lutheranism or Orthodoxy more convincing. I also need to muster up the courage to actually visit an Orthodox parish.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      I had my first girlfriend when we were in first grade. [ATTACH=CONFIG]9341[/ATTACH]

Although we didn't kiss -- or dance.
                      My first girlfriend was in first grade as well. Her name was Crystal (can't believe I remember that). When we were on the playground, she walk up to me and asked if she could be my girlfriend. We held hands for most of the day then she dumped me for another kid the same day.
                      "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

I don't like dating services.

As to whether what denomination I will end up going to in the end is a matter of which of the teachings of confessional Lutheranism or Orthodoxy more convincing. I also need to muster up the courage to actually visit an Orthodox parish.
                        The Orthodox churches here are kind of welcoming - we even have one of them come to the Anglican church where I am currently stationed at Christmas to cook up a free barby for the homeless people around the place. Gives our kitchen a day off.
                        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                        Scripture before Tradition:
                        but that won't prevent others from
                        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          I had my first girlfriend when we were in first grade. [ATTACH=CONFIG]9341[/ATTACH]

Although we didn't kiss -- or dance.
                          My first girlfriend was the girl next door, before I ever went to school. We used to put on kissing shows for the other neighborhood kids. We did not dance though not even square dance.
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                            My first girlfriend was the girl next door, before I ever went to school. We used to put on kissing shows for the other neighborhood kids. We did not dance though not even square dance.
                            Lisa and I were inseparable. We sat together during lunch. Went over and played together after school and on weekends. She called me her boyfriend and she was my girlfriend.

Then both of us moved. I went to Maryland and she went to Texas. In a "what a small world" coincidence we both had the same class in college here in Georgia! By this time we were from totally different worlds. She was still cute though.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Awww....
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

OK guys, I think it is time to come clean with Teal about wedding dreams.

Yes, Teal, Guys do dream about their weddings.

...we just call them "Nightmares."

Comment