Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 09/01/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 09/01/2015

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise
    Life in God’s Economy…

“My dear friends, pay attention. God has given a lot of faith to the poor people in this world. He has also promised them a share in his kingdom that he will give to everyone who loves him.” (James 2:5, CEV)

I know there are people who cannot see themselves as poor because I’ve met and talked with some of them. Being poor has for the most part been given a bad rap and is usually associated with living in poverty. While James was no doubt referring to people with little financial resources yet the poor can be applied to other areas of life take Jesus use of the word poor, “Blessed are the poor in spirit, because theirs is the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:3, LEB)

Are you familiar with the term “supply and demand”? According to Wikipedia one of its usages is in microeconomics. “In microeconomics, supply and demand is an economic model of price determination in a market. It concludes that in a competitive market, the unit price for a particular good, or other traded item such as labor or liquid financial assets, will vary until it settles at a point where the quantity demanded (at the current price) will equal the quantity supplied (at the current price), resulting in an economic equilibrium for price and quantity transacted.”

Since I am not an expert in economics (other than a spender of money) much of that goes over my head yet when it comes to the Economics of God the term is no longer “supply and demand” but goes something like this, we demand and God supplies (according to the Microsoft thesaurus the word petition can be used instead of demand). In that light God’s Economy becomes – we petition and God supplies. One of the ways God illustrates his love is by supplying the deeper “things” we need and are unable to adequately provide for ourselves such as James example of faith.

Believe! Anticipate! Experience! Be transformed!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

“For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.” (2 Timothy 1:7, NLT)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

Scriptures marked CEV, “Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.”

Scripture quotations marked (LEB) are from the Lexham English Bible. Copyright 2012 Logos Bible Software. Lexham is a registered trademark of Logos Bible Software.

Amen Gary!!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X