Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Freddy Gray Hearings Begin in Baltimore - Protests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddy Gray Hearings Begin in Baltimore - Protests

I really don't understand the need to protest the hearings - the wheels of justice are turning, but, hey....

Source: CBSBaltimore

Protests Underway In Baltimore, 1 Arrested

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — One person has been arrested by Baltimore police during protests Wednesday morning.

Protesters gathered outside the courthouse where hearings in the Freddie Gray case are underway.

The man, who police have not named, was seen clearly upset during his arrest as police tried to put him in the van — resisting arrest.

© Copyright Original Source

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

what are they protesting?

Comment

My guess would be that this is a threat that convictions BETTER happen, or there's gonna be trouble.

When I attended the trial of the Deputy Sheriff a couple weeks ago, it was quite evident that if he were to be found not guilty, there would be riots. The New Black Panther Party was prepared.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        My guess would be that this is a threat that convictions BETTER happen, or there's gonna be trouble.

When I attended the trial of the Deputy Sheriff a couple weeks ago, it was quite evident that if he were to be found not guilty, there would be riots. The New Black Panther Party was prepared.
        So to heck with truth and justice, just do whatever the crowd wants, or else. That sounds about right.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          So to heck with truth and justice, just do whatever the crowd wants, or else. That sounds about right.
          Mob rule. And entirely based on race.

Comment

Mob rule. And entirely based on race.
            I think I saw that in a Frankenstein movie once. Pitchforks and Torches.

Comment

I really don't understand the need to protest the hearings - the wheels of justice are turning, but, hey....

Source: CBSBaltimore

Protests Underway In Baltimore, 1 Arrested

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — One person has been arrested by Baltimore police during protests Wednesday morning.

Protesters gathered outside the courthouse where hearings in the Freddie Gray case are underway.

The man, who police have not named, was seen clearly upset during his arrest as police tried to put him in the van — resisting arrest.

Because they're racist dopes with nothing better to do and who been indoctrinated in stupidity.

Comment

I'd love to see one or more of our resident Leftists support the riots.

Sam?

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
                  I'd love to see one or more of our resident Leftists support the riots.

Sam?
                  I'm guessing Sam is just a pseudointellectual, and doesn't actually "do" riots.

Comment

I'm guessing Sam is just a pseudointellectual, and doesn't actually "do" riots.
                    Sanitized Leftists don't take responsibility for how their philosophy translated into social engineering which has ruined cultures.

Dependency, pandering, race-baiting, ...

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
                      race-baiting, ...
                      Yes... This is obviously a liberal problem

Comment

Meanwhile, the overzealous prosecutor in Baltimore chocks up more losses.

Freddie Gray case: Charges against three remaining officers dropped

Source: BaltimoreSun

Prosecutors dropped all remaining charges against three Baltimore police officers accused in the arrest and death of Freddie Gray in a downtown courtroom on Wednesday morning, concluding one of the most high-profile criminal cases in Baltimore history.

The startling move was an apparent acknowledgement of the unlikelihood of a conviction following the acquittals of three other officers on similar and more serious charges by Circuit Judge Barry G. Williams, who was expected to preside over the remaining trials as well.

It also means the office of Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn J. Mosby will secure no convictions in the case after more than a year of dogged fighting, against increasingly heavy odds, to hold someone criminally accountable in Gray's death.

Officer William Porter's trial ended with a hung jury and a mistrial in December, before Williams acquitted Officers Edward Nero and Caesar Goodson and Lt. Brian Rice at bench trials in May, June, and July, respectively.

In a hearing Wednesday meant to start the trial of Officer Garrett Miller, Chief Deputy State's Attorney Michael Schatzow told Williams that the state was dropping all charges against Miller, Porter and Sgt. Alicia White.

Comment

WOW.... video of the 'prosecutor' ... she's like a spoiled little brat pitching a fit....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/27...nvictions.html

Comment

WOW.... video of the 'prosecutor' ... she's like a spoiled little brat pitching a fit....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/27...nvictions.html
                            and she doesnt act like she knows the law. sure it was a "homocide" - any death caused by the actions of another is a homocide. It is just that this was not a culpable intentional homocide. It was accidental and nobody was to blame.

To me it sounded like false anger to appease the media, making it sound like she is irate about the decision, while admitting there is nothing to be done about it because there was no crime.

Comment

Well, let's be honest -- it was a politically motivated decision to proceed with the prosecutions to begin with. No doubt she was hoping to prevail on some obscure legal strategy, but from the beginning they were charging officers with blatantly unmerited charges (remember the knife issue?).

Now she's lost, and she has to try to save face because she looks incompetent (read: is incompetent). So it's time to start blaming the police, again. All of a sudden, the police were 'not cooperative' and were 'trying to prove the officers innocent' or however it was she said that. Of course they were, because they realized early on that while their colleagues messed up....but were getting railroaded with unmerited charges because it was politically expedient to do so.

This is the exact thing that worries me, professionally. That I could get hung out to dry because some powerful, elected official is either too stupid to understand the situation or else wants to use the situation to score political points.
                              "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment