Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Bananas: Good for the Tummy ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Then don't eat them raw!!!!
    I don't(well, not after experiencing the "cuts"), and they aren't good any other way.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Wow... that's hard to imagine, but I have seen my wife's lips swell up almost immediately when she accidentally ingests some component of shellfish. (sometimes, people will include shrimp or other shellfish in a salad or other food without identifying it as such)

The next step, if she doesn't immediately take her meds, is her throat closing up.
      Yikes! With me, it's not visible, but it certainly stings.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
        I don't(well, not after experiencing the "cuts"), and they aren't good any other way.
        Bananas Foster
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I might have to try that Teal.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Per Wiki, people with latex sensitivities may also be sensitive to bananas. I don't know if cooking would help in that case.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              I heard the Cavendish banana (the only variety widely eaten) may be endangered. I hope they can figure something out.
              Only commercially. The problem is that it is as genetically diverse as a Georgia family pole. It is vunerable to a fungal infection and there is no good treatment. Right now Central America is uninfected but it is only a matter of time. Fifteen to twenty years is the estimate.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Its all depends on what is the purpose and for which you are eating bananas well when I was training few months back and specially I am working on my tummy to tighten up I eat bananas regularly and its work well for me because I am on very strict diet and bananas provide me good amount of nutritions....

Comment

Politicians are like bananas.... They're green when they come in, then he turns yellow, then he's rotten.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X