Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Florida Arby's refuses to serve police officer - then calls cops on the protestors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    I am obviously in a cynical humor so bear that in mind.

l suspect it will be a matter of calling in the national guard sooner rather than later. One of these protests will get out of hard, the cops won't be allowed in and once half the town is on fire the Governor will send in the troops. The movement will die in the ashes and no phoenix will arise. It will merely leave things worse than they were.

Until it stops being okay to let the past rule the present the black community is going to remain hostage both to a past it doesn't truly recall and its morally darkest elements. It doesn't have to be this way but it is up to those in the community to decide where they really want to go.
    If history is any guide, your cynicism carries a lot of weight. I just hope it doesn't come down to that. All of these idiots just itching for a "race war" to break out are going to go past the point of no return. I tell you what though, if it does happen, I hope when the smoke clears, all of those wanting that war will be no more.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

I want to be wrong. There isn't going to be a race war. It's impossible to have a one sided war. What there will be is a lot of really stupid violence and it won't be in white neighborhoods.

I really don't get it. What did they learn from Watts? Or any modern riot? Congrats on the free TV, danged shame you no longer have any stores in the area to shop in. Seriously, whites aren't the ones who suffer.

You can play blame games or you can do something about it. Curse darkness or light a candle. l would like to be wrong but I think it will be the former.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I want to be wrong. There isn't going to be a race war. It's impossible to have a one sided war. What there will be is a lot of really stupid violence and it won't be in white neighborhoods.

I really don't get it. What did they learn from Watts? Or any modern riot? Congrats on the free TV, danged shame you no longer have any stores in the area to shop in. Seriously, whites aren't the ones who suffer.

You can play blame games or you can do something about it. Curse darkness or light a candle. l would like to be wrong but I think it will be the former.
        You would think everyone would have learned from even the Rodney King riots. They burned down their own shops and other businesses. After that, unemployment in the black areas shot through the roof. Yet again, we made things harder for ourselves. You are right, no war is going to be held in Beverly Hills.

I have always been a proponent of gathering all the "race war" groups together, putting them on an island and let them go at it with each other. Televise it if you want, call it The Amazing Racist if you want. If they get rid of each other the rest of us could be left alone.
        "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

Honestly, I doubt either group would ever get around to shooting at each other. They would fight among themselves first. They are uncannily similar to each other in group dynamics. Power, companionship, common goal,need for affirmation, Et al .Throw in
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

More than they should be expected to. The real trouble will come when Admins decide that the liability is too high and stop allowing routine responses in some areas. Cops are under no obligation to commit suicide. The brunt will be felt in the very communities that need them the most. They will find little routine protection and what does show up will be en masse and loaded for bear.

This isn't gonna go well.
            Didn't go well - ask Baltimore.

In unrelated news, can't fathom why DC has seen an uptick in homicides lately.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I hate saying, and I hope I'm wrong, but I think the only thing that will be "lit" will be molotov cocktails.

Comment

I am obviously in a cynical humor so bear that in mind.

l suspect it will be a matter of calling in the national guard sooner rather than later. One of these protests will get out of hard, the cops won't be allowed in and once half the town is on fire the Governor will send in the troops. The movement will die in the ashes and no phoenix will arise. It will merely leave things worse than they were.

Until it stops being okay to let the past rule the present the black community is going to remain hostage both to a past it doesn't truly recall and its morally darkest elements. It doesn't have to be this way but it is up to those in the community to decide where they really want to go.
                Well said!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  http://buzzpo.com/police-union-calls...tors-slurpees/

The chain known for its roast beef sandwiches became the center of a national firestorm after an incident Tuesday night, when Pembroke Pines Police Sgt. Jennifer Martin, 34, pulled up to the drive-thru and ordered a meal. When she handed over her credit card to pay, Davenport allegedly refused to ring her order up. That prompted Mirabal to say “He doesn’t want to serve you because you are a police officer.”

Sgt. Martin finally received her food, but said she was too uncomfortable to eat it, so she returned it and got a refund. The next day, the department tweeted about the incident, which Chief Dan Giustino called “unacceptable.”

“I am offended and appalled that an individual within our community would treat a police officer in such a manner,” he said in a statement.

This sparked several mothers and children to picket in front of the Florida restaurant on Wednesday. The local Arby’s then called the police on the peaceful protestors, but they didn’t get the result they’d hoped for. Police arrived with Slurpees for the mothers and children to show their appreciation.

As a result, Arby’s spokesman Jason Rollins announced that the manager, Angel Mirabal, 22, has been terminated. Rollins also stated that the clerk, Kenneth Davenport, 19, has also been suspended.
                  Now in Texas:

Source: Lewisville Whataburger “Don’t Serve Police”

LEWISVILLE (CBSDFW.COM) – Two police officers explained that the workers at a North Texas fast food restaurant did not serve them Tuesday night because of the uniforms that they were wearing.

Officer Cameron Beckham and reserve deputy Michael Magovern were set to work overnight traffic security at a construction area along Stemmons Freeway. But prior to the start of their shift, they stopped by a Whataburger location in Lewisville for a bite to eat.
                  The visit did not turn out so well.

According to the officers, workers at the restaurant denied them service. An employee told the men, “We don’t serve police.”

Beckham is with the Milford Police Department and Magovern is with the Strawn City Marshal’s Office. Magovern spoke with KRLD NewsRadio 1080 on Wednesday. “He said it with a straight face, no smile, and just stared at us,” said Magovern. “Even if he was joking, I’m not going to eat here because I don’t trust that.”

“It was just bold for somebody to say that,” Magovern added. “I’m not going to judge his heart, but it kind of put me off.”

Whataburger responded to the situation Tuesday night on Twitter, calling the restaurant’s actions “completely unacceptable” and promising to “address this as soon as possible.”

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If true you address it by firing everyone involved and hiring people that actually stay awake during the 'Customer Service' video.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Look how the liberal media is framing this. Title should be "Altruistic Arby's Worker Can't Bring Himself to Burden Honorable Public Servant with Bag of Arby's food"
                      "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Now in Texas:

Source: Lewisville Whataburger “Don’t Serve Police”

LEWISVILLE (CBSDFW.COM) – Two police officers explained that the workers at a North Texas fast food restaurant did not serve them Tuesday night because of the uniforms that they were wearing.

Officer Cameron Beckham and reserve deputy Michael Magovern were set to work overnight traffic security at a construction area along Stemmons Freeway. But prior to the start of their shift, they stopped by a Whataburger location in Lewisville for a bite to eat.
                        The visit did not turn out so well.

According to the officers, workers at the restaurant denied them service. An employee told the men, “We don’t serve police.”

Beckham is with the Milford Police Department and Magovern is with the Strawn City Marshal’s Office. Magovern spoke with KRLD NewsRadio 1080 on Wednesday. “He said it with a straight face, no smile, and just stared at us,” said Magovern. “Even if he was joking, I’m not going to eat here because I don’t trust that.”

“It was just bold for somebody to say that,” Magovern added. “I’m not going to judge his heart, but it kind of put me off.”

Whataburger responded to the situation Tuesday night on Twitter, calling the restaurant’s actions “completely unacceptable” and promising to “address this as soon as possible.”

Source

Whataburger has fired the person responsible

Source: Whataburger Fires Employee Who Refused to Serve Police Officers

In a statement Wednesday, Whataburger apologized and said the person who refused to serve the officers is no longer employed by the company and that the officers were being invited back to the restaurant for lunch Wednesday.

"We were appalled to hear of an employee refusing service to two officers, as we have proudly served first responders across our system for decades," the San Antonio-based company said in a statement. "The employee that refused service is no longer employed with Whataburger. We've also invited the officers back today so we can apologize in person and make this right."

The officers believe it was an isolated incident and said they will continue to support the burger chain.

“We want to let everybody now, this ain’t Whataburger,” Magovern told NBC 5. “This is the fault of one person, probably having a really bad day.”

Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment