Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Selling your stuff on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually use stuff until it's so old that no one wants it. I use until I replace it, then it goes to the basement to make sure I really don't want to use it anymore. A couple years later I trip over it, curse it, break it down into pieces that can go into recycling vs electronic waste, and take the lot to the transfer station.

When it comes to selling stuff I usually do better with a "free" sign on the curb. Usually I think something is worth more than it is.
    No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

Originally posted by supton View Post
      When it comes to selling stuff I usually do better with a "free" sign on the curb. Usually I think something is worth more than it is.
      This reminds me of an old "Rocky and Bullwinkle" schtick....

If you want to get rid of a pile of rocks, put them on the curb with a sign that says "free rocks", and nobody touches them.
      Put them on the curb with a sign that says "Rocks - $5.00 each", and somebody will steal every one.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment