Announcement

Collapse

Study Room Guidelines

Ok it isn't so quiet in here but our resident librarian will ensure that there is good discussion on literature, prose, poetry, etc. You may also post sermons, notes, and the like as long as it is not copyrighted material and within reason of the post length regulation.

We encourage you to take a lose look at the threads and offer honest and useful input. This forum is a place where we discuss literature of any media, as well as personal creations by some of our own wordsmiths. Debate is encouraged, but we often find ourselves relaxing here.

Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Need Proofreaders, Too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, so I'm a bit behind... Okay a LOT behind...

A Fresh Start

As many of my friends know, I was out of work for eight months and when I did find work, it was only part time. I am still looking for better employment and taking as many hours as I can with my current job.

However, I had no savings and was denied unemployment despite appeal. I'm so grateful to all those who helped me through the unemployment but all those months without a steady income took a toll. I've lost my car. I'm losing the house I rent and probably everything remaining in storage. I need to file bankruptcy to deal with the debts i cannot repay. Basically, I've lost the life I'd worked so hard to build over the course of an eighteen year career.

My present income isn't enough to meet current expenses and buy a car, let alone find a new home, or file bankruptcy to protect those things if I somehow manage to get them. That's why I'm here - I need to raise money to accomplish those three things as quickly as possible.

In presumed order:

Bankruptcy: $1735
    On the bright side, it stops the hemorrhaging and allows me to start rebuilding. It's not what I want to do but it is what I have to do, even if it isn't cheap.

Car: $1000 - $2000
    I can't take on payments so I need to buy something that runs and will get me to where I need to go. It doesn't need to be pretty, just dependable.

Housing: $1000 - $2000
    Down payment, moving and enough of an advance to make splitting the payment between paychecks feasible.

Any help at all is appreciated. Thank you for your concern. God bless!

Well, it's a first draft, anyway....
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Okay, so I'm a bit behind... Okay a LOT behind...

A Fresh Start

As many of my friends know, I was out of work for eight months and when I did find work, it was only part time. I am still looking for better employment and taking as many hours as I can with my current job.

However, I had no savings and was denied unemployment despite appeal. I'm so grateful to all those who helped me through the unemployment but all those months without a steady income took a toll. I've lost my car. I'm losing the house I rent and probably everything remaining in storage. I need to file bankruptcy to deal with the debts i cannot repay. Basically, I've lost the life I'd worked so hard to build over the course of an eighteen year career.

My present income isn't enough to meet current expenses and buy a car, let alone find a new home, or file bankruptcy to protect those things if I somehow manage to get them. That's why I'm here - I need to raise money to accomplish those three things as quickly as possible.

In presumed order:

Bankruptcy: $1735
        On the bright side, it stops the hemorrhaging and allows me to start rebuilding. It's not what I want to do but it is what I have to do, even if it isn't cheap.

Car: $1000 - $2000
        I can't take on payments so I need to buy something that runs and will get me to where I need to go. It doesn't need to be pretty, just dependable.

Housing: $1000 - $2000
        Down payment, moving and enough of an advance to make splitting the payment between paychecks feasible.

Any help at all is appreciated. Thank you for your concern. God bless!

Well, it's a first draft, anyway....
        Seems fine to me.
        "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
        -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        I support the :
        sigpic

Comment

It sounds fine to me too, Teal
          3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Thanks, guys.

So, I do'ed it.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X