Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: What Video Games Have You Been Playing?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    DragonBall Xenoverse 2
    I think I almost finished (or perhaps I did, I can't really remember) the story in Xenoverse 2, but I still haven't completed all the parallel quests. I might get back to it one day, seeing as how they recently released a new DLC/pack with Ultra Instinct Goku.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I recently picked up a few games for PC...

"Killer Instinct" - FINALLY, my patience paid off. Not only did it come on Steam Sale for $20, but for an extra $3, I got the Oh-So-Awesome Soundtrack.
    "The Last Remnant" - I purchased this on the premise that it was like the old SaGa games, with emphasis on Squad Tactics as opposed to individual units. It's interesting, and not bad for $6.
    "Final Fantasy X/X2 Remastered" - Yeah, I'm finally getting around to playing this one. I Just started FFX and, so far, I can't say I'm fond of the protagonist, and the Leveling system seems bizarre. However, I find Tidus nowheres near as punchable as Squall (yet) and the game mechanics are nowhere's near as horrible as FF8's Draw System... so overall it's still playable for me.
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    "Final Fantasy X/X2 Remastered" - Yeah, I'm finally getting around to playing this one. I Just started FFX and, so far, I can't say I'm fond of the protagonist, and the Leveling system seems bizarre. However, I find Tidus nowheres near as punchable as Squall (yet) and the game mechanics are nowhere's near as horrible as FF8's Draw System... so overall it's still playable for me.
    It's great how publishers are releasing remastered versions of their previously console-only classics on PC. I just wish Square Enix would release a remastered version of Chrono Trigger so I could buy it and not feel as guilty for downloading and playing it on an emulator back in the day.

I'll definitely pick up Secret of Mana when they release the remastered 3D version in february though.

4. Amen Chaotic Void, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post
    It's great how publishers are releasing remastered versions of their previously console-only classics on PC. I just wish Square Enix would release a remastered version of Chrono Trigger so I could buy it and not feel as guilty for downloading and playing it on an emulator back in the day.
    I don't see that happening right away... They actually released it for Nintendo DS a while back, with some additional content (to help connect it with Chrono Cross). I own the game, which is how I know about it.

I'll definitely pick up Secret of Mana when they release the remastered 3D version in february though.
    Ditto. Hopefully it'll sell enough to convince them to give Seiken Densetsu 3 the same treatment.

... On a related note, apparently Romancing SaGa 2 did well enough they're remaking Romancing SaGa 3 for Vita/Smartphone. So I'm pumped for that.
    Last edited by Chaotic Void; 01-03-2018 at 03:12 AM.
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

6. Amen Chrawnus, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I think I almost finished (or perhaps I did, I can't really remember) the story in Xenoverse 2, but I still haven't completed all the parallel quests. I might get back to it one day, seeing as how they recently released a new DLC/pack with Ultra Instinct Goku.
    My brother got it for me for Switch for Christmas. I don't have any of the DLC, and it's $40 to get all of it. I'll have to wait for a sale or something to get it. So far he hasn't played it much, so I've been using alternate characters. Another reason you might jump back in is that they added something called "figure battles" in the "Hero Colosseum". It's kind of neat.

8. Amen Chrawnus amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    I recently picked up a few games for PC...

"Killer Instinct" - FINALLY, my patience paid off. Not only did it come on Steam Sale for $20, but for an extra $3, I got the Oh-So-Awesome Soundtrack.
    "The Last Remnant" - I purchased this on the premise that it was like the old SaGa games, with emphasis on Squad Tactics as opposed to individual units. It's interesting, and not bad for $6.
    Yeah, that sale let me grab Disney Afternoon Collection, Mighty Switch Force Hyperdrive Edition, Tales of Symphonia, Stories: Path of Destinies, and since I saw I had $0.54 left, and it was only $0.49 I grabbed Taimumari. That last one is kind of like the old Mega Man(with movement like the Mega Man X games), but you play as some wizard cat girl. Very strange, but extremely cheap, and what little I played was fun.

Square Enix has been talking about either making a new IP, or reviving some old IP's. Part of it due to the guy getting done with FFXV, and I think part of it due to him being put to work on making stuff for the Switch. The Switch is awesome btw. Nintendo has been really knocking things out of the park lately. This is the first time in years I've bought so many new, and not on sale games. Zelda BotW(Special Edition), ARMS, Splatoon 2, and then I received from my brother Super Mario Odyssey, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm up to 38 Onyx Medals on Gears of War 3 out of the 65 required for the Seriously 3.0 achievement.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

They do now have Chrono Trigger on PC. It's got a few issues, but they have fixed some of the major gripes people had.

I've been playing Borderlands with a guy I met in Warframe. We got the bundle for the first two games on Steam during the Spring Cleaning Sale. We are looking for some people to join us if anyone wants to play let me know.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Just finished a set of really old AD&D "gold box" games - Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Secret of the Silver Blades, and Pools of Darkness. You can move PCs between games, and develop a set of six characters from 1st to 40th level. I only ended up keeping three of them the whole way through, mostly because the first game didn't have paladin or ranger classes (and 2e placed rather severe level limits on non-human PCs). First time I've managed to beat the final game on champion level, though.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I just beat Final Fantasy Tactics, which I had recently discovered was available on PSN. Going back to Gears of War on the Xbox 360. Almost done getting the Seriously 3.0 achievement. Just 10 more Onyx medals!