Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

What Video Games Have You Been Playing?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of games off and on.
    Fire emblem echoes
    Xenoblade
    Pokemon moon
    Xenoblade
    Mahvel
    Street fighter 5.
    Ect
    sigpic

Comment

• Currently playing Body Harvest on the N64 now that I have my N64 set up and on the Xbox 360 currently working on finishing the Seriously 3.0 achievement in Gears of War 3.
      My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

• I recently completed Cuphead. Difficult, but VERY satisfying when you finally beat the game. Also, fun art style and catchy music. It's one of those games that's an all-around masterpiece.
        Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• Final Fantasy XV, Rare Replay, Warframe, and Paladins. Warframe always manages to draw me back in, and the Plains of Eidolon update is pretty cool, although a bit grindy.

Comment

• So, Age of Empires IV was announced 2 months ago. It's apparently being developed by Relic Entertainment, known for games such as Homeworld, Dawn of War series, Company of Heroes and Space Marine. I'm excited to see where they'll take the AoE series.

Comment

• I've been slowly working through Kirby: Planet Robobot for the second time. :)
              ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

• Nearly completed Body Harvest on the N64 on Hero difficulty, with all 12 weapon crystals, all 12 alien artifacts, with zero human casualties. Just need to beat Beelzebub, the boss of Siberia, and then I have to blast my way through the Alien Comet level and I will have done it.
                My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

• For Christmas I was given a GameCube with Metroid Prime, which I've been slowly working through. Seeing everything through Samus' eyes in a 3D world is very different from the 2D side-view classic Metroid games I've played.
                  ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                    For Christmas I was given a GameCube with Metroid Prime, which I've been slowly working through. Seeing everything through Samus' eyes in a 3D world is very different from the 2D side-view classic Metroid games I've played.
                    Metriod Prime is a great game. The second one was even better IMO. I'm anxiously looking forward to the announced Metroid Prime 4. They have been blowing me away with everything on the Switch so far, so hopefully something like Metroid Prime 4 won't be the title to disappoint me.

The remake of Return of Samus on the 3DS was really good.

Right now I'm personally playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Disney Afternoon Collection, Stories: Path of Destinies, DragonBall Xenoverse 2, and a few others. Right now, it's too many games, not enough time.

Comment

• They released Ōkami HD on PC/Steam a while ago, so I've been playing that whenever I've got the time. I think I've played nearly 30 hours. It's entertaining enough that I don't even mind that it's locked to 30 fps, which is saying quite a lot, seeing as that's usually a deal breaker for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                        DragonBall Xenoverse 2
                        I think I almost finished (or perhaps I did, I can't really remember) the story in Xenoverse 2, but I still haven't completed all the parallel quests. I might get back to it one day, seeing as how they recently released a new DLC/pack with Ultra Instinct Goku.

Comment

• I recently picked up a few games for PC...

"Killer Instinct" - FINALLY, my patience paid off. Not only did it come on Steam Sale for $20, but for an extra $3, I got the Oh-So-Awesome Soundtrack.
                          "The Last Remnant" - I purchased this on the premise that it was like the old SaGa games, with emphasis on Squad Tactics as opposed to individual units. It's interesting, and not bad for $6.
                          "Final Fantasy X/X2 Remastered" - Yeah, I'm finally getting around to playing this one. I Just started FFX and, so far, I can't say I'm fond of the protagonist, and the Leveling system seems bizarre. However, I find Tidus nowheres near as punchable as Squall (yet) and the game mechanics are nowhere's near as horrible as FF8's Draw System... so overall it's still playable for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                            "Final Fantasy X/X2 Remastered" - Yeah, I'm finally getting around to playing this one. I Just started FFX and, so far, I can't say I'm fond of the protagonist, and the Leveling system seems bizarre. However, I find Tidus nowheres near as punchable as Squall (yet) and the game mechanics are nowhere's near as horrible as FF8's Draw System... so overall it's still playable for me.
                            It's great how publishers are releasing remastered versions of their previously console-only classics on PC. I just wish Square Enix would release a remastered version of Chrono Trigger so I could buy it and not feel as guilty for downloading and playing it on an emulator back in the day.

I'll definitely pick up Secret of Mana when they release the remastered 3D version in february though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                              It's great how publishers are releasing remastered versions of their previously console-only classics on PC. I just wish Square Enix would release a remastered version of Chrono Trigger so I could buy it and not feel as guilty for downloading and playing it on an emulator back in the day.
                              I don't see that happening right away... They actually released it for Nintendo DS a while back, with some additional content (to help connect it with Chrono Cross). I own the game, which is how I know about it.

I'll definitely pick up Secret of Mana when they release the remastered 3D version in february though.
                              Ditto. Hopefully it'll sell enough to convince them to give Seiken Densetsu 3 the same treatment.

... On a related note, apparently Romancing SaGa 2 did well enough they're remaking Romancing SaGa 3 for Vita/Smartphone. So I'm pumped for that.
                              Last edited by Chaotic Void; 01-02-2018, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                                I think I almost finished (or perhaps I did, I can't really remember) the story in Xenoverse 2, but I still haven't completed all the parallel quests. I might get back to it one day, seeing as how they recently released a new DLC/pack with Ultra Instinct Goku.
                                My brother got it for me for Switch for Christmas. I don't have any of the DLC, and it's $40 to get all of it. I'll have to wait for a sale or something to get it. So far he hasn't played it much, so I've been using alternate characters. Another reason you might jump back in is that they added something called "figure battles" in the "Hero Colosseum". It's kind of neat.

Comment