Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

What Video Games Have You Been Playing?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    Yeah, one of the things I want to do when I get a new PC is get that game and eventually play the multiplayer DLC with someone. Right now I just have the Xbox One version without any DLC. I still need to finish the game, but it was pretty good so far.
    Yeah, they got pretty experimental with this game. It doesn't feel like a Final Fantasy game, but yet it does. It's weird, but at the same time refreshing that they broke the mold and it panned out.

I also need to go back and play FFVIII, FFXIII-2, and some other stuff in my Steam library. Right now I've primarily been playing Warframe with a group of guys.
    Yeah, I've got a swath of games I need to finish yet. Mostly because I know for a fact that if I sit down to play them I won't be able to stop.

I need to finish up the Borderlands 2 DLC, and start getting into Borderlands The Pre-Sequel. I also want to try the Sega collection online play to see how well it works. I've been wanting to play old games like that with more than one person for a long time. I'm hoping Toejam and Earl Back in the Groove comes out relatively soon too, as that looks really cool.
    Pre-Sequel is okay, though it feels like the writing took a nose dive in quality. Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to Mega Man 11 as well as Dragon Quest XI.
    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
      Yeah, they got pretty experimental with this game. It doesn't feel like a Final Fantasy game, but yet it does. It's weird, but at the same time refreshing that they broke the mold and it panned out.

Yeah, I've got a swath of games I need to finish yet. Mostly because I know for a fact that if I sit down to play them I won't be able to stop.

Pre-Sequel is okay, though it feels like the writing took a nose dive in quality. Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to Mega Man 11 as well as Dragon Quest XI.
      Yeah, I have a lot of games in the backlog that are there because they are single player, and I've got people to play with now. Only something special like KH3 will likely change me to playing alone for a while.

Comment

• The PS4 version of Hello Neighbor just came out last month. Been playing it with my 4yo son. It's . . . not great.
        "It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

Weighted Glory | Christians for Biblical Equality | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable

Comment

• I finished Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 on the Xbox 360 awhile ago. Still need to play through Lightning Returns. I did beat Final Fantasy VII and VIII on the PC. Both of which were very satisfying to do. Playing a great, classic game AND getting Steam achievements? Win-win situation. I do still need to get XII on Steam, though. Would be nice if they did a Steam version for I, II, and maybe Tactics. I did finally play and beat FF Tactics, though. Since, now I am in the US, I was able to buy it on the PSN store and play it on my PS3. No trophies, though, since it's just a straight port. Hence my desire for a Steam version, if at all possible.

I'm currently getting the remaining achievements in Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition for the Title Updates 48 and 54. Currently preparing to take on the Ender Dragon... so I can respawn it and fight it again.
          My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

• I've played through Final Fantasy 10 about three times or so in the past years we've owned it, but I would usually cheat in one way or another to finish it. In the last couple of weeks or so, I've been playing through it again and this time I got through the whole thing and finished without cheating.

...Except for Yunalesca. I died three times trying to defeat her, and finally had to cheat by starting her off with 1 HP. But in all fairness, I remember beating her once before without cheating one of past times I played through.
            ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

• So... been playing Dragon Quest 11 on my PC lately. Seriously, I've owned the game less than a month and I've already pumped 40+ hours into it. I highly recommend it if you love old-school JRPGs.

Comment

So... been playing Dragon Quest 11 on my PC lately. Seriously, I've owned the game less than a month and I've already pumped 40+ hours into it. I highly recommend it if you love old-school JRPGs.
                Definitely one I want, but I need to finish Star Ocean The Last Hope. I just finished up Tales of Berseria, which was an incredibly depressing game.

Comment

• I've started Final Fantasy IX on Steam. I've also completed: Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines, and Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty, and am most of the way through Commandos II: Men of Courage. I've resumed playing StarCraft from where I left off; about two-thirds of the way through the Zerg Campaign. I'm currently working on Lost Planet 3 on the Xbox 360. Just need to finish the multiplayer achievements.

In other news, Square Enix are doing a re-release of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles on PS4 and Nintendo Switch. Hopefully, they will then do a Steam port, like they did for Final Fantasy XII: Zodiac Age. Still waiting for Final Fantasy I, II, and Tactics on Steam, though. Civilisation VI recently went on sale again, so I quickly nabbed it.

Comment

• I’ve been playing Pokémon Ultra Moon and it’s been good so far.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• I recently installed Kingdom Come: Deliverance and played it for a few hours. I have quite a big Steam library of games I want to go through, the only problem is that I recently moved in with my aunt in Sweden (I've recently begun studying again, more specifically it's a preparatory program for engineering studies) and her internet connection is only 10/10 Mbit/s, which means that it takes forever to download any of the games I'm interested in, at least compared to back home in Finland where I had 100/100 Mbit/s connection.

Comment

• Since a remake of it was made for the 3DS, I've been enjoying the original Luigi's Mansion for the first time and just finished Area 3. (It seems quite a bit easier than Dark Moon; couldn't get very far into that one.)
                        ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

• Sonic Mania. It's exactly how Sonic should be. But I am old school, so there's that.
                          "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
                          -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• I finished Final Fantasy IX on Steam. Been playing Mobius Final Fantasy.

Comment

• Been playing a fair bit of stuff lately, especially since I bought a Switch.

... I have to give Nintendo massive kudos. They're the first company to make me play a Battle Royale Game. Yes, I love me some Tetris 99 and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Comment

Been playing a fair bit of stuff lately, especially since I bought a Switch.

... I have to give Nintendo massive kudos. They're the first company to make me play a Battle Royale Game. Yes, I love me some Tetris 99 and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
                                I need to get back into Smash Bros. Ultimate, I never did unlock all of the characters. Finding people to play Switch games with has been harder than I expected. Most who have time when I'm able to play don't have one, and those who do have one are on way later than I am usually able to stay awake.

Comment