Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

What Video Games Have You Been Playing?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, just beat Star Ocean: First Departure R* the other day. Going through my second playthrough, with different party members and much more first-hand knowledge of some of the game's mechanics (Item Creation, Skills)

*Fun Series. It's like Final Fantasy meets Star Trek.
    Last edited by Chaotic Void; 12-27-2019, 09:16 PM.
    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
      So, just beat Star Ocean: First Departure R* the other day. Going through my second playthrough, with different party members and much more first-hand knowledge of some of the game's mechanics (Item Creation, Skills)

*Fun Series. It's like Final Fantasy meets Star Trek.
      I'm hoping it comes to Steam, and yeah, a nice series. I got Astral Chain, Mario and Rabbids, and Resident Evil 2 recently, among others. Although Warframe, Soul Calibur VI, and Tekken 7 are taking up a fair amount of time. The Steam Remote Play feature is making playing a lot of games I never thought I would get to try with friend possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
        I'm hoping it comes to Steam, and yeah, a nice series. I got Astral Chain, Mario and Rabbids, and Resident Evil 2 recently, among others. Although Warframe, Soul Calibur VI, and Tekken 7 are taking up a fair amount of time. The Steam Remote Play feature is making playing a lot of games I never thought I would get to try with friend possible.
        Yeah, Remote Play looks cool. Haven't really gotten around to using it, though. I'm stoked for the Trials of Mana remake coming to PS4/PC/Switch.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope is on Steam right now if you haven't taken it for a spin.

Comment

• I have played through and completed the entirety of Destiny (base game, House of Wolves, and The Taken King) on the Xbox 360. Beaten every story mission, completed every strike and every raid, and gotten every achievement. Then I found out there was a whole 'nother DLC not available on the past gen consoles, so I beat the base game, House of Wolves, and The Taken King all over again on the Xbox One, and then played through Rise of Iron. I have been playing Destiny 2 for quite some time. I am only missing one achievement as of now, but I can see that this is a game I will probably keep playing even once I have the last achievement. Base game campaign was great, as were the Curse of Osiris, Warmind, Forsaken, and Shadowkeep campaigns. I've beaten all the strikes, and have done all of the raids on board the Leviathan, and I have completed the Scourge of the Past raid roughly 13 times (for the Threat Level shotgun). I still need to do Last Wish and Garden of Salvation. I've been mostly working on completing various triumphs as I wait for Beyond Light to release.
          My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

• Been playing Supraland, the Mega Man Legacy collection, Genshin Impact, and a few others lately.

Comment

• I rotate between The Sims, Mount & Blade, and Minecraft, (all for PC), playing for weeks or months at a time before switching. Whenever a new version comes out I get it (currently on The Sims 4, Mount & Blade 2, and Minecraft 1.16). I've been playing The Sims for 20 years, literally since it was first released,and Mount & Blade since the original was in beta 14 years ago. I've been playing Minecraft since it was in beta in late 2011. Once every five or six years I play once through an ancient dungeon crawl called Valhalla, or Ragnarok, depending on what version you've got.

And that's it. I really don't play anything else.
              Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

• Completed the re-mastered versions of CoD 4 and Modern Warfare 2. For some reason, the game AI on Veteran was much more grenade happy than the original. Beat the campaign on CoD: Ghosts (which, surprisingly, is NOT about the vengeful spirits lurking around British fish 'n' chip shops), and gotten all the campaign achievements. Played Extinction mode for a bit. Quite fun. Better than Zombies mode on prior installments of Call of Duty.
                My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

• Right now I am finishing up The Walking Dead Survival Instinct.

Comment

• I've been primarily playing two games on PC lately... Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana and The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel.

-I've already Beaten Ys VIII and gotten The True Ending, but I've been working on getting 100% of the Achievements. Normally, I wouldn't give a rat's behind about such a thing, but this game has captivated me so much that I decided to do it.
                    -Trails of Cold Steel is technically the 6th Game in the Trails Series (I've played through the Trails in the Sky Trilogy, and there are two games that have yet to come to North America sadly... but their events are explained elsewhere). I decided to do my first run on Nightmare Difficulty, despite the fact that it's made for New Game+ where you can transfer all your old gear and such over. I'm currently on The Final Chapter of the game after enduring what's considered to be the hardest fight in the game (it took me about six tries).

Comment

I've been primarily playing two games on PC lately... Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana and The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel.

-I've already Beaten Ys VIII and gotten The True Ending, but I've been working on getting 100% of the Achievements. Normally, I wouldn't give a rat's behind about such a thing, but this game has captivated me so much that I decided to do it.
                      -Trails of Cold Steel is technically the 6th Game in the Trails Series (I've played through the Trails in the Sky Trilogy, and there are two games that have yet to come to North America sadly... but their events are explained elsewhere). I decided to do my first run on Nightmare Difficulty, despite the fact that it's made for New Game+ where you can transfer all your old gear and such over. I'm currently on The Final Chapter of the game after enduring what's considered to be the hardest fight in the game (it took me about six tries).
                      I've been playing a bunch of different stuff since I got a PS5, but still play a lot on PC. Right now I am trying to finish up God of War, and finished Spider-Man Miles Morales around Christmas. I've also had a decent amount of fun with Overcooked 2.

I do have a bunch of Steam Remote Play Together games. Some of them I think you might like. Indivisible is interesting, and then there are the "Tales of" series games. The only problem is that who ever is the one on client side gets reduced graphics on occasion and some input lag. My brother complains a ton when we use the feature, but others I play with don't seem to notice as much, or they just don't care.

Comment

• Last night I started playing the PS1 remake of Final Fantasy 2 (included with Origins) for the second time since we got it back when it was released. (Hard game, though; cheating heavily with infinite HP/MP. )
                        ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

• Got my grubby little mitts on Guilty Gear Strive the other day... It's weird being able to actually play online with other players in a Fighting Game on PC.

Right now I'm kicking butt as Potemkin.

Also, Did my 100% Achievement stuff with Ys 8... I need another excuse to play this one eventually. I should make one.

Beat Trails of Cold Steel 1, now onto Cold 2. Started playing Nightmare Mode, said, "This isn't worth the frustration," and was early enough in the game to start a Normal Mode Run.

Comment

• Looking at my Steam account, I seem to have split my sparse gaming time fairly evenly between Distant Worlds Universe, Sid Meier's Civilization 5 and Hearts of Iron - Darkest Hour.
                            When inventing a god, it is imperative to claim that it's; invisible, inaudible and imperceptible in every way. Otherwise - when it appears to no one, is silent and does nothing - intelligent people are liable to become sceptical.
                            - Anonymous

When asked why Omniscient and Omnipotent God, chose to burn alive the children of two Middle Eastern cities, came the reply;
                            “His hands were tied.” - DaveTheApologist

Comment

Got my grubby little mitts on Guilty Gear Strive the other day... It's weird being able to actually play online with other players in a Fighting Game on PC.

Right now I'm kicking butt as Potemkin.

Also, Did my 100% Achievement stuff with Ys 8... I need another excuse to play this one eventually. I should make one.

Beat Trails of Cold Steel 1, now onto Cold 2. Started playing Nightmare Mode, said, "This isn't worth the frustration," and was early enough in the game to start a Normal Mode Run.
                              A friend of mine used the "Remote play together" option to let me try out Guilty Gear Strive, it was pretty good. He also gifted me a couple of other fighting games like Dragon Ball FighterZ, BlazBlue Central Fiction, and BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle.

I wish the Ys 8 and the Trails of Cold Steel games would go down a bit cheaper when on sale.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

A friend of mine used the "Remote play together" option to let me try out Guilty Gear Strive, it was pretty good. He also gifted me a couple of other fighting games like Dragon Ball FighterZ, BlazBlue Central Fiction, and BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle.
                                Central Fiction and Cross Tag Battle are getting Rollback Netcode next year, like Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +R before them, so I imagine they'll get a resurgence in the online playerbase. Central Fiction is a blast, with some of the most bangin' tunes the series has to offer, but Cross Tag Battle was kind of a disappointment for me.

I wish the Ys 8 and the Trails of Cold Steel games would go down a bit cheaper when on sale.
                                If you haven't yet, play the Trails In The Sky games. They kick off the Trails Series in all it's glory.

As for Ys, it's been revamped a lot, so the gameplay varies like crazy... Memories of Celceta and Ys 7 are where the current incarnation of gameplay started.

I'm waiting for Cold Steel 4 and Ys 9: Monstrum Nox to go on sale for a good discount as well.

Comment