Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

What Video Games Have You Been Playing?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've recently completed:
    Jurassic Park: The Game
    The Walking Dead
    The Walking Dead: Season Two
    The Walking Dead: Michonne
    Pac-Man
    Ms. Pac-Man
    Pac-Man Championship Edition, and;
    Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Started playing Pac-Man Museum, but it's kind of tough. You need to earn all the in-game awards to get all the achievements, but one award is to get 200,000 points in regular/original Pac-Man. I've managed to get the award for 100,000 points though. I just need to work at my technique, I suppose
    My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

• Oh, and prior to moving to 'Murica, I had gotten all the Multiplayer achievements on the 360 version of CoD: Black Ops III. I also got all the achievements for the Minecraft title updates on the Xbox 360.

Comment

• Been mostly playing Pacman Museum. Which, whilst fun, is quite challenging. I've gotten all the stamps for original Pacman, Pacmania, Pac & Pal, Pacland, and Super Pacman so far, which was no small accomplishment either. Since to get the Master stamp for these, you need to get 200,000 points... apart from Pacland, where it's 500,000 points. Currently playing Pac Attack (another 500,000 pointer). I've managed to get the 300,000 points needed for the 30th Anniversary stamp, but, so far, my highest score is 430,000... 70,000 points shy of the 500,000 needed for the Master stamp. Once that is done, it's just Pacman Battle Royale (a PvP game that can be done with two controllers), Pacman Arrangement, and Pacman Championship Edition (and I've already beaten the stand alone version of Pacman: CE).

Comment

• Got 500,000 points in Pac-Attack (as well as the other stamps for that one), and have every stamp apart from the Master stamp for Pacman Arrangement (which is another 500,000 points). It's an easy game, it's just hard to get to the requisite points since there are finite number of levels. I keep accidentally beating the game whilst having less than 500,000 points, which is infuriating since it takes almost an hour to go through the whole game.

Comment

• Not a video game I've been playing, but one I'd like to play when it's released...

I just discovered this morning that Nintendo's been making a 3DS version of Super Mario Maker, and it looks like they're releasing it about the beginning of December. My young niece has the Wii U version, and we always have a blast designing levels together at her place. I have no Wii but I have a 3DS, so I was hoping Nintendo would eventually make a portable version of it.
            ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

• I've completed Enemy Front on the Xbox 360, have almost completed the Awakening DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops III (also on the 360), and have started the multiplayer in Batman: Arkham Origins (360 once more) since the servers close on December 4th.

Comment

• Been playing Cities: Skylines.

I'm a long time SimCity fan (still have SimCity 1 on a stiffy disk somewhere, I also have SimCity 2000, and 3000 .... and SimFarm....remind me to get a DosBox working for SimFarm again). and was extremely disappointed in SimCity 4.
                Someone recommended Cities: Skylines and I bought it some time back on a Steam sale but only got to playing it in the last week, and honestly, it blows SimCity 4 out the water.

I am thoroughly enjoying it, so if you like City Building games, definitely one worth getting.
                Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                -Ben Witherington III

Comment

• I've been playing Darkest Dungeon, and I'm really digging it. It's an indie turn-based RPG--surprisingly difficult, but just really well done all around. It also has the benefit of a really good, unusual art style.

Aside from worrying about the health of my party members, and them dying (permanently), I have to manage their stress levels. Too high, and they get negative character traits that can affect the rest of the party, and if their stress gets high enough they die from a heart attack. Permanently.

For example, at high stress levels, a hero may get Selfish (taking loot from me), Abusive (literally saying belittling things to other party members and increasing their stress levels), Fearful (I think this can make them pass on a turn, or take their own turn...which is usually not great), Masochistic (they want to hurt themselves), etc. Lots of interesting, and mostly bad, things can happen. Sometimes a hero with one of these character traits will steadfastly refuse a heal ability, or some other support skill, which could mean they're basically condemning themselves to death.
                  I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Been playing Settlers 2 (10 Anniversary edition) again...
                    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

• Got the MP stuff on Batman: Arkham Origins done, and only have one achievement left for Black Ops III on the Awakening DLC. I'm currently playing GTA V.

Comment

• I have been playing Battlefield 1, The Division, and Overwatch which I had from Instant-gaming.

Comment

• I've been playing lots and lots of ARMS, and some Paladins Champions of the Realm. I also have been going through my SEGA Classics Collection on Steam, right now I'm playing Shining in the Darkness, and some Streets of Rage. I tried a bit of Battleborn when it went f2p, it's fun, but right now I don't have any friends who play it. Until/unless I get the story mode I won't be able to have as much fun there.

Comment

• I've nearly finished Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker on the PS3. Although I am having to wait until I finish training at my new job before I can resume, since the guy I've been doing the co-op stuff with is only available on Wednesdays and I'm in training until 7pm Monday-Friday. However, I have been playing MGS3 in the meantime. I've nearly gotten all of the trophies, but I've having difficulty with the 'King of the Jungle' trophy for some reason. I thought you just had to capture and eat one of every animal, fruit, and medicinal plant, but, apparently, there's a special food item I'm supposed to get that I had no idea even existed, and I'm not allowed to shoot any of the Kerotans (green frog thingys), or reach more than two alerts, continues, and kills combined. I did this already on the Xbox 360 version, and had no idea any of these were required, so either I got lucky on the Xbox version or the PS3 version has additional requirements... or I just plain forgot about the other requirements.

Comment

• I'm going through Horizon Zero Dawn again. Only this time I'm doing most of the side quests and trying to get the cool weapons.
                              "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
                              -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• Been playing King of Fighters XIV since I recently bagged it on Steam. Nice to see a solid fighting game, given the massive flop that is Street Fighter 5.
                                Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment