Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

What Video Games Have You Been Playing?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
    Hey! Another total war fan!
    You to?

Representing: any faction rooted in Latinness (Romans, French, Spaniards, Sicily, Venice, Portuguese, etc.), they be my default favorites, heheheheh.

If an Empire II ever swings around, I hope they include Latin American nations as bona fide playable factions one day. I want to play as my native Central America.

PAX ROMANA!

700px-FactionRevealRome1.jpg

medieval-ii-total-war-20061108012341070-000.jpg

Then again, I do love me some strategy games, especially those involving Grand Strategy (Europa Universalis series is one that is drawing my attention).
    Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
    As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
      Hey! Another total war fan!
      I've never played them. I do have a DLC that came in a Humble Bundle though. It's for Total War Rome 2. Caesar in Gaul or something.

Comment

I recently bought Fallout IV for the PC, I've only managed to come as far as exiting the vault though. I think I own the previous Fallout games on steam, but I haven't actually played any of them yet (And I'll probably skip Fallout 1 and 2), despite me being such a fan of open-world games. I think the theme of a bleak post-apolyptic world might have turned me away.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
          I recently bought Fallout IV for the PC, I've only managed to come as far as exiting the vault though. I think I own the previous Fallout games on steam, but I haven't actually played any of them yet (And I'll probably skip Fallout 1 and 2), despite me being such a fan of open-world games. I think the theme of a bleak post-apolyptic world might have turned me away.
          I've beaten Fallout III but have no interest in IV. The gameplay is all well and good but post-apocalyptic is rather boring to me. Far too little of it strikes me as realistic.
          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
            I've beaten Fallout III but have no interest in IV. The gameplay is all well and good but post-apocalyptic is rather boring to me. Far too little of it strikes me as realistic.
            My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

I really liked Fallout 3 when I played it years ago, but I don't know if it would hold my interest anymore. There's just something about Dark Souls/Bloodborne that keeps me coming back, when all other games fail to do so.
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                I really liked Fallout 3 when I played it years ago, but I don't know if it would hold my interest anymore. There's just something about Dark Souls/Bloodborne that keeps me coming back, when all other games fail to do so.
                I'd really like to play Bloodborne, but I would need to buy a PS4 for that. Even if they do eventually port it to PC it probably wouldn't play as well as it does on the PS4.

ETA: But atleast DS III will come out for PC as well as PS4 and XBone. I just hope they design a proper PC version, instead of just sloppily porting the console version and calling it a day.
                Last edited by JonathanL; 11-24-2015, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                  I'd really like to play Bloodborne, but I would need to buy a PS4 for that. Even if they do eventually port it to PC it probably wouldn't play as well as it does on the PS4.

ETA: But atleast DS III will come out for PC as well as PS4 and XBone. I just hope they design a proper PC version, instead of just sloppily porting the console version and calling it a day.
                  Have you played the other Souls games?

I bought the PS4 quite literally for Bloodborne and Bloodborne alone. I likely won't make an expenditure like that in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                    Have you played the other Souls games?

I bought the PS4 quite literally for Bloodborne and Bloodborne alone. I likely won't make an expenditure like that in a long time.
                    I have DS for both PC and XBox, and DS II: Scholar of the First Sin for PC. I haven't finished either game yet, and it will probably take some time before I start playing either game. CS:GO and Fallout IV are currently taking up most of my gaming time.

Comment

Originally posted by Andius View Post

Then again, I do love me some strategy games, especially those involving Grand Strategy (Europa Universalis series is one that is drawing my attention).

Comment

I've finished all the single player stuff in Lost Planet: Extreme Condition: Colonies Edition. Just have some multiplayer stuff to knock out. I'm at roughly 1,000/5,000 kills, 150/500 matches played. Not sure how matches won out of 200 matches won I've got though. I've now started... Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, just to play the campaign on all four difficulties all over again!

I've taken to playing a bit more Perfect Dark recently. Even though I've beaten the game on N64 and XBLA, I've been replaying the XBLA version to improve on my completion times. My best time for the Chicago: Stealth mission on Perfect Agent is 50 seconds. That's an 8 second improvement on my previous completion time. And this is all without glitches, too. All the 'professional' speedrunners have to use glitches in order to achieve their times.

Comment

My friend and I managed to beat the Cargo Hold co-op level in Alien Breed 2 in 11 minutes and 1 second. Just need to beat it in under 10 minutes for the speed trial achievement 'Rapid Deployment'. Then we can work on trying to beat it without taking any damage.

Comment

I've gotten to the last boss (well, sort of) in Bloodborne: Gehrman, the first hunter. Dang, this guy is fast and relentless. This fight is going to be tough. I love it when I get a boss fight like this: a boss that doesn't rely on cheap tricks to be hard, but is instead just genuinely difficult. I gotta be on top of my game to beat this guy, and it's super fun.

Comment

I've been playing fallout 4. For those that are finding the wasteland too bleak, it is, but you meet cool characters :)

I really love settlement building. Have about six that are fully developed and there are close to 40 in the game. It's like the sims, you build walls, floors, put up turrets, pool tables, electrical lines..... and if you have time make sure everyone has food and water
                              "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

Originally posted by hamster View Post
                                I've been playing fallout 4. For those that are finding the wasteland too bleak, it is, but you meet cool characters :)

I really love settlement building. Have about six that are fully developed and there are close to 40 in the game. It's like the sims, you build walls, floors, put up turrets, pool tables, electrical lines..... and if you have time make sure everyone has food and water
                                I had over 20+ hours logged on my first playthrough, and then I "accidentally" pissed off security in Diamond City and quicksaved at a spot where I die the instant I load from it. I'm not sure if I should just reload from a previous save, or create a new character.

Comment