Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

What Video Games Have You Been Playing?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My daughter and I beat Lego Marvel last week. Her strategy in the boss battles was to take the flying character and move out of harm's way while I did the work.
    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
      My daughter and I beat Lego Marvel last week. Her strategy in the boss battles was to take the flying character and move out of harm's way while I did the work.
      Reminds me of a "strategy" we had when I was young for beating Captain America and the Avengers. I would get to like the last level, then my friend would join in to help in the last battle. Although this one is somewhat reversed situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
        My daughter and I beat Lego Marvel last week. Her strategy in the boss battles was to take the flying character and move out of harm's way while I did the work.
        That sounds about how my niece and I play New Super Mario Bros. for Wii U -- she floats along safely in a bubble while I do the work.
        ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

• I've completed Binary Domain and I've nearly completed Medal of Honour: Airborne. Just need to beat the game on Expert. I've also finished Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory on the PS3. I have enough people to do the multiplayer with for Enemy Front on the PS3, I just need to organise a time when everybody can make it.

I've recently started Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Reminds of Battlefield 3 if it had the graphics of CoD: Black Ops 1.
          Last edited by Rational Gaze; 03-30-2016, 02:03 PM.
          My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

• I've been playing Civ5 again.

The turn-based strategy is great for when you're playing between helping the kids etc. (plus when the kids are up I don't play any games where I might not want them seeing the screen). Plus I've always enjoyed the Civ series.

I need to get into using my new Razer OrbWeaver for playing other games.
            Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
            1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
            -Ben Witherington III

Comment

• I have Civ V. It has 287 steam achievements. Ironically, the three steam achievements that are broken are for downloading, playing with, and then rating a mod... but you can make them obtainable again by... downloading a mod.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
                I have Civ V. It has 287 steam achievements. Ironically, the three steam achievements that are broken are for downloading, playing with, and then rating a mod... but you can make them obtainable again by... downloading a mod.
                I didn't realize you were on Steam. I tend to be on Steam a lot, and when I'm on, I'm almost always willing to play a game. You should be able to find me easily if you hit the steam group button at the top of TWeb.

Comment

• I've started playing The Last of Us and have beaten the main story twice now. It's pretty good, even if it full of people making stupid, bad decisions, although that tend to happen in emergency situations. I'm on my third playthrough, and the game just really underscores the need for libertarianism, since the collapse in civilisation seems to have been sped on by the incompetence of government, the QZs are run poorly, the reason so many people died/became infected was because they locked themselves up and waited for government help that never came, and the reason why so many people are scavengers is because they lack the knowledge and skills necessary to survive. The sole group that seems to be doing well is a group led by the main character, Joel's, brother Tommy, as they have control of a hydroelectric dam (which they successfully repair) and are growing their own crops and rearing their own livestock. When you do finally find the resistance group who are claiming to be trying to find a cure, they turn out to be just as bad as the soldiers running the QZs, and the hunters preying on other survivors (I got the distinct impression they were an-socs/an-coms). There are few faults with the game, but it is significantly better than the dross that passes for triple A releases these days. Although they apparently decided to make the second main character, Ellie, (who is 14) a lesbian in the Left Behind DLC. Once again, SJWs feel the need to try to ruin a perfectly good game with their pernicious propagandistic programming. Fortunately, the rest of the game is good enough that even their poo-poo can't make it bad.

Comment

• Rise of the Tomb Raider, and various other titles.

Comment

• Trying to do Enemy Front on the PS3. You only need four people, but finding other people to boost with is like pulling teeth. Looks as if I'm going to have to get a second copy just to do the multiplayer, since, despite having enough people, they're never all online at the same time. I'm always invariably one person short.

Comment

• Finally gotten all the achievements done for Lost Planet: Extreme Condition and Lost Planet: Extreme Condition: Colonies Edition. I also started and completed Halo 4, given that they had bought back the challenges, making the game completable again. Unfortunately, the disc-reading laser in my second Xbox 360 has gone again, so I can't crack out the few remaining multiplayer achievements I have left for Turning Point: Fall of Liberty. I've beaten the single player of Perfect Dark Zero on all difficulties, and am currently slogging through Dark Agent in co-op. In other news, I've finally gotten all the multiplayer trophies for Enemy Front done. Now I just need to get the online done for The Last of Us, and I will have no more online trophies for PS3 left. Yay!

Comment

• Finished up Deus Ex:Human Revolution and Shantae and the Pirate's Curse recently. Now I have like another 100 games to go through and beat. I'm not an achievement hunter like RG though so it shouldn't take as long.

Comment

• I picked up Hearthstone recently. It feels like pretty much every game I get into is either with people who have absolutely no idea what they're doing or people who know what they're doing and, moreover, have a lot more of the good cards such that it's hard to compete with their decks or their skill level.

Still fun though.
                            Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

• I've also been playing Call of Duty: Black Ops III. Gotten a lot done. Of course, for whatever reason, Activision decided to remove the single player campaign from the 360 version, so it is Zombies and Multiplayer only.

Comment

• Dungeon Fighter Online. It's a f2p MMORPG that plays like an arcade beat'em up game. It's really cool. Up to 4 people can join a "dungeon" at a time. If anybody here plays it, or wants to try it out with me let me know.

Comment