Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

What Video Games Have You Been Playing?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    I recently picked up a few games for PC...

"Killer Instinct" - FINALLY, my patience paid off. Not only did it come on Steam Sale for $20, but for an extra $3, I got the Oh-So-Awesome Soundtrack.
    "The Last Remnant" - I purchased this on the premise that it was like the old SaGa games, with emphasis on Squad Tactics as opposed to individual units. It's interesting, and not bad for $6.
    "Final Fantasy X/X2 Remastered" - Yeah, I'm finally getting around to playing this one. I Just started FFX and, so far, I can't say I'm fond of the protagonist, and the Leveling system seems bizarre. However, I find Tidus nowheres near as punchable as Squall (yet) and the game mechanics are nowhere's near as horrible as FF8's Draw System... so overall it's still playable for me.
    Yeah, that sale let me grab Disney Afternoon Collection, Mighty Switch Force Hyperdrive Edition, Tales of Symphonia, Stories: Path of Destinies, and since I saw I had $0.54 left, and it was only $0.49 I grabbed Taimumari. That last one is kind of like the old Mega Man(with movement like the Mega Man X games), but you play as some wizard cat girl. Very strange, but extremely cheap, and what little I played was fun.

Square Enix has been talking about either making a new IP, or reviving some old IP's. Part of it due to the guy getting done with FFXV, and I think part of it due to him being put to work on making stuff for the Switch. The Switch is awesome btw. Nintendo has been really knocking things out of the park lately. This is the first time in years I've bought so many new, and not on sale games. Zelda BotW(Special Edition), ARMS, Splatoon 2, and then I received from my brother Super Mario Odyssey, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Comment

• I'm up to 38 Onyx Medals on Gears of War 3 out of the 65 required for the Seriously 3.0 achievement.
      My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
        It's great how publishers are releasing remastered versions of their previously console-only classics on PC. I just wish Square Enix would release a remastered version of Chrono Trigger so I could buy it and not feel as guilty for downloading and playing it on an emulator back in the day.

I'll definitely pick up Secret of Mana when they release the remastered 3D version in february though.
        They do now have Chrono Trigger on PC. It's got a few issues, but they have fixed some of the major gripes people had.

I've been playing Borderlands with a guy I met in Warframe. We got the bundle for the first two games on Steam during the Spring Cleaning Sale. We are looking for some people to join us if anyone wants to play let me know.

Comment

• Just finished a set of really old AD&D "gold box" games - Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Secret of the Silver Blades, and Pools of Darkness. You can move PCs between games, and develop a set of six characters from 1st to 40th level. I only ended up keeping three of them the whole way through, mostly because the first game didn't have paladin or ranger classes (and 2e placed rather severe level limits on non-human PCs). First time I've managed to beat the final game on champion level, though.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• I just beat Final Fantasy Tactics, which I had recently discovered was available on PSN. Going back to Gears of War on the Xbox 360. Almost done getting the Seriously 3.0 achievement. Just 10 more Onyx medals!

Comment

• I used to play pong - does that count?
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                I used to play pong - does that count?
                Yes. Yes it does.

Speaking of really old games, I found a place called gog.com that makes it possible to play really old computer games. I never thought I'd be playing things like Master of Magic and Freedom Force again, since the original software just does not work on modern computers, but now I have them back.

But mostly I've been playing Star Trek Online and DC Universe Online.
                Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
                  Yes. Yes it does.

Speaking of really old games, I found a place called gog.com that makes it possible to play really old computer games. I never thought I'd be playing things like Master of Magic and Freedom Force again, since the original software just does not work on modern computers, but now I have them back.

But mostly I've been playing Star Trek Online and DC Universe Online.
                  Thinking of getting back into STO, and played a lot of DCUO. The latter has too many paywalls for me though. Can't get any further than 100 CR right now, and the DLC are too expensive at this point. Champions Online is about the closest thing to DCUO, but the combat isn't as fun IMO. Especially given I'm saving up for a new PC, and the Nintendo Switch is constantly releasing cool new games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                    Thinking of getting back into STO, and played a lot of DCUO. The latter has too many paywalls for me though. Can't get any further than 100 CR right now, and the DLC are too expensive at this point. Champions Online is about the closest thing to DCUO, but the combat isn't as fun IMO. Especially given I'm saving up for a new PC, and the Nintendo Switch is constantly releasing cool new games.
                    Yeah, I wouldn't recommend DCUO to anybody. They just completely messed up their approach to the game. Still, I have fun playing it, until it gets to be too much of a grind. I take long breaks. I've been playing since beta testing, but I just got to 170, which is still a long way from the highest level. They keep adding stuff at the end instead of making the earlier levels better.
                    Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
                      Yeah, I wouldn't recommend DCUO to anybody. They just completely messed up their approach to the game. Still, I have fun playing it, until it gets to be too much of a grind. I take long breaks. I've been playing since beta testing, but I just got to 170, which is still a long way from the highest level. They keep adding stuff at the end instead of making the earlier levels better.
                      If they didn't lock out the chapters for f2p players, then it wouldn't be so bad. Right now Warframe is probably the best free online multiplayer. Right now I'm not playing much, but I probably will when the new open world stuff on Venus is added.

Comment

• I have no idea what you guys are talking about...
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• I've been very slowly working through Song of the Deep, and currently trying to figure out what to do in that chamber in the Deeplight where all the jellyfish are hanging around. I can only play it once in a while, though, because Mr. mossy's compy is the only compy we've got that will run it properly.
                          ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

• Finally finished Gears of War 3 last night. Got the last two Onyx medals for the Seriously 3.0 achievement after playing on and off for something like 2 years? Now I have to figure out what to play next.

Comment

• Just played through the Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition demo on my new Gaming Rig.

I haven't enjoyed a recent 'main' Final Fantasy game until now. Aside from the fact that it looked gorgeous (Near-Max Settings FTW!), it has a protagonist I don't want to strangle within the first hour of gameplay.
                              Last edited by Chaotic Void; 08-16-2018, 12:23 AM.
                              Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                                Just played through the Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition demo on my new Gaming Rig.

I haven't enjoyed a recent 'main' Final Fantasy game until now. Aside from the fact that it looked gorgeous (Near-Max Settings FTW!), it has a protagonist I don't want to strangle within the first hour of gameplay.
                                Yeah, one of the things I want to do when I get a new PC is get that game and eventually play the multiplayer DLC with someone. Right now I just have the Xbox One version without any DLC. I still need to finish the game, but it was pretty good so far.

I also need to go back and play FFVIII, FFXIII-2, and some other stuff in my Steam library. Right now I've primarily been playing Warframe with a group of guys.

I need to finish up the Borderlands 2 DLC, and start getting into Borderlands The Pre-Sequel. I also want to try the Sega collection online play to see how well it works. I've been wanting to play old games like that with more than one person for a long time. I'm hoping Toejam and Earl Back in the Groove comes out relatively soon too, as that looks really cool.

Comment