Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: What Video Games Have You Been Playing?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I used to play pong - does that count?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    N/A
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    I used to play pong - does that count?
    Yes. Yes it does.

Speaking of really old games, I found a place called gog.com that makes it possible to play really old computer games. I never thought I'd be playing things like Master of Magic and Freedom Force again, since the original software just does not work on modern computers, but now I have them back.

But mostly I've been playing Star Trek Online and DC Universe Online.
    Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yttrium View Post
    Yes. Yes it does.

Speaking of really old games, I found a place called gog.com that makes it possible to play really old computer games. I never thought I'd be playing things like Master of Magic and Freedom Force again, since the original software just does not work on modern computers, but now I have them back.

But mostly I've been playing Star Trek Online and DC Universe Online.
    Thinking of getting back into STO, and played a lot of DCUO. The latter has too many paywalls for me though. Can't get any further than 100 CR right now, and the DLC are too expensive at this point. Champions Online is about the closest thing to DCUO, but the combat isn't as fun IMO. Especially given I'm saving up for a new PC, and the Nintendo Switch is constantly releasing cool new games.

Faith
    N/A
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    Thinking of getting back into STO, and played a lot of DCUO. The latter has too many paywalls for me though. Can't get any further than 100 CR right now, and the DLC are too expensive at this point. Champions Online is about the closest thing to DCUO, but the combat isn't as fun IMO. Especially given I'm saving up for a new PC, and the Nintendo Switch is constantly releasing cool new games.
    Yeah, I wouldn't recommend DCUO to anybody. They just completely messed up their approach to the game. Still, I have fun playing it, until it gets to be too much of a grind. I take long breaks. I've been playing since beta testing, but I just got to 170, which is still a long way from the highest level. They keep adding stuff at the end instead of making the earlier levels better.
    Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yttrium View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't recommend DCUO to anybody. They just completely messed up their approach to the game. Still, I have fun playing it, until it gets to be too much of a grind. I take long breaks. I've been playing since beta testing, but I just got to 170, which is still a long way from the highest level. They keep adding stuff at the end instead of making the earlier levels better.
    If they didn't lock out the chapters for f2p players, then it wouldn't be so bad. Right now Warframe is probably the best free online multiplayer. Right now I'm not playing much, but I probably will when the new open world stuff on Venus is added.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Slave for Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I've been very slowly working through Song of the Deep, and currently trying to figure out what to do in that chamber in the Deeplight where all the jellyfish are hanging around. I can only play it once in a while, though, because Mr. mossy's compy is the only compy we've got that will run it properly.
    ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight_spam!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Finally finished Gears of War 3 last night. Got the last two Onyx medals for the Seriously 3.0 achievement after playing on and off for something like 2 years? Now I have to figure out what to play next.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Just played through the Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition demo on my new Gaming Rig.

I haven't enjoyed a recent 'main' Final Fantasy game until now. Aside from the fact that it looked gorgeous (Near-Max Settings FTW!), it has a protagonist I don't want to strangle within the first hour of gameplay.
    Last edited by Chaotic Void; 08-16-2018 at 05:23 AM.
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    Just played through the Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition demo on my new Gaming Rig.

I haven't enjoyed a recent 'main' Final Fantasy game until now. Aside from the fact that it looked gorgeous (Near-Max Settings FTW!), it has a protagonist I don't want to strangle within the first hour of gameplay.
    Yeah, one of the things I want to do when I get a new PC is get that game and eventually play the multiplayer DLC with someone. Right now I just have the Xbox One version without any DLC. I still need to finish the game, but it was pretty good so far.

I also need to go back and play FFVIII, FFXIII-2, and some other stuff in my Steam library. Right now I've primarily been playing Warframe with a group of guys.

I need to finish up the Borderlands 2 DLC, and start getting into Borderlands The Pre-Sequel. I also want to try the Sega collection online play to see how well it works. I've been wanting to play old games like that with more than one person for a long time. I'm hoping Toejam and Earl Back in the Groove comes out relatively soon too, as that looks really cool.