Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

What Video Games Have You Been Playing?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
    We couldn't get it to work. Co-op was on, but it was like only one controller worked at a time, and it kept flipping which was which. There were other issues, too, but I quickly realized that it would be a little too challenging anyway.
    Understood. You could always check back into troubleshooting at a later time.

Yeah, there's no way I would use it. She's not even five, though, and her first attempt at flying (without it) ended up stuck in the map somehow.
    My dad has done that with it turned on.

The Portal games are on my list for when she's quite a bit older. She's smart, but the puzzles would be beyond her, let alone the proper timing required for some of that.

I can see maybe the puzzles being too much, but not so much the timing. Maybe I've seen a biased sample, but a surprising amount of rather young kids doing quite well in games that require extreme levels of coordination. I myself was beating the original Super Mario Bros at around 3 years old. It didn't take long before my friends, and brother were catching up to me(to a degree anyway).

Comment

• I just got a couple of games given to me. F-15 Jane's Combat Simulations

and SIM Copter fly missions in the metropolis for Windows '95
      There are four types of giving in the Bible:

1. Tithe – Motivation is Obedience.

2. First Fruits – Motivation is Generosity.

3. Alms Giving – Motivation is Compassion.

4. Seed Giving – Motivation is Faith and Reward.

Comment

• I finally got the Chicobo to level 100 in Chocobo World. I loaded up FF8, transferred the chicobo over to my main game and got the achievement... and also got a motherlode of items, some of which were pretty tasty. I got an item that taught the skill 'Ribbon' to any GF, which protects the user from all status abnormalities. I'm now buying Tents and converting them into mega-potions in order to sell them for gil for the Maximum Gil achievement.
        My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

• Ever since I got a PS4 for Christmas, I've been glued to it instead of my PC. Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne mostly, plus Street Fighter V for the last couple days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knowing Thomas View Post
            Ever since I got a PS4 for Christmas, I've been glued to it instead of my PC. Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne mostly, plus Street Fighter V for the last couple days.
            Bloodborne
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• I'm gotten all the weapon challenges and most of the miscellaneous challenges in Binary Domain done. Just need assists, most assists per match, and self-revives. Other than that, I just need to wrap up the game-mode challenges. I need 5 FFA, 18 TDM, 29 team survival, 8 Demolition, and 19 domain control matches. After that, I just need to beat Invasion on all maps and all MP achievements will be done. I've been steadily plodding along in FF8 grinding out kills. Half my characters are level 100, and all my GFs but one are level 100. I also have gotten all their ultimate weapons apart from Quistis'. I have one achievement left in Lost Planet. Just need to hit level 50. In Lost Planet: Colonies, I have 114/200 wins, 260/500 matches played, and 2,600/5,000 kills.

One of my friends on Xbox LIVE tried getting me to help them with some achievement in the Saints Row multiplayer, but it was one of those cases where you're trying to help someone who is mentally incapable of understanding what it is you are saying. In tech support, these kinds of individuals are known as 12 o'clock flashers, because every appliance in their home is flashing '12:00'. Anyway, so we had a group of four including ourselves, which is what you need to start a lobby. Rather than search individually, my friend insisted we party up and search. However, every time we got into the lobby with the other two guys, we'd instantly get booted. When I finally persuaded the guy for us to search individually (which took a long time, since he kept insisting he party up with people), the only guy who could not get into the lobby was him. We then tried again with two new guys. Same exact problem occurred. He could NOT connect to the lobby. Now, having familiarity with IT, etc., I knew the problem was clearly his connection. Specifically, there was a conflict between him and another person... which was confirmed as he could join the lobby when one of the other guys backed out. I kept telling the guy that it was HIS connection that was the problem, but he kept denying it and instead first insisted that it was the matchmaking programming of the game itself... which made no sense, since if it were the matchmaking programming we'd either never connect at all, or it'd just take forever to get into a match. He claims it's not his connection because he says he has no issues with other games... when we boost Lost Planet together and we get connection issues. He then tries the whole "Oh, that's just the game's matchmaking" again. Goodness me, people aren't very bright. Even when everybody else reset their routers to clear any possible errors, he still could not connect to us (he also wouldn't reset his router either). He then said that it was probably the connection of the other people that was the problem.

Comment

• Friend of mine got me a copy of Don't Starve Together for my birthday, provided that I play it with him and his kids from time to time. It's a blast, and makes me want to get the original game.

Also, I've been playing through the SNES era Mega Man X games repeatedly, because they're awesome (also because I'm working on a related Mecha vs Kaiju RPG campaign).
                Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                  Friend of mine got me a copy of Don't Starve Together for my birthday, provided that I play it with him and his kids from time to time. It's a blast, and makes me want to get the original game.

Also, I've been playing through the SNES era Mega Man X games repeatedly, because they're awesome (also because I'm working on a related Mecha vs Kaiju RPG campaign).
                  I have Don't Starve Together, but I haven't played it much. There is a thread around here somewhere devoted to the game. I don't have the Reign of Giants DLC, but I can play the normal version of the game. If you see me on Steam give me a poke, I'm usually up to playing just about anything I own especially on multiplayer.

Comment

• I've nearly beaten the multiplayer and co-op stuff on Binary Domain. Just need 18 wins in Domain Control and complete Invasion mode on the Outside Agro Centre map. I've started Medal of Honour: Airborne, which reminds me a lot of the classic WWII shooters I played on the PS2 back in the day. One of the achievements is a bit glitchy, but I was able to get it with no problems, thankfully enough. In FF8 on the PC, I've slightly over 8,000/10,000 kills for that one achievement.

Comment

• Brawlhalla(free to play Super Smash Bros. like game. Really good actually.), Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD, and soon Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD.

Comment

• Finally beat all 50 waves of Invasion mode on the Outside Agro Centre map on Binary Domain. Phew. I've now started Perfect Dark Zero. I like the gameplay but the character re-design of Joanna Dark is AWFUL. Also, all the character models in general look like total garbage. The plot line is also kind of poo-poo, but that's mostly because it isn't explained very well... or at all, come to think of it.

Comment

• I've started playing The Secret World again.
                          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

• I've recently started playing Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway. I've only knocked out the MP achievements so far, which are all 0-pointers oddly enough. I have gotten 10,000 kill in FF8 after about 500 hours+ of gameplay (it it's over 1,000 if we include me falling asleep with the app still open, reloads, etc.) I've started my no-levelling playthrough. I got as far as completing the Dollet mission and becoming a SeeD and have put that on hold for now. I managed to get the the three broken achievements in Civilisation V. The irony is that they are for downloading, playing a game with, and then rating a mod, and the way to fix them is by downloading a mod. I've gotten back to playing Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. I'd only completed the first two missions so I just started a new game. I am currently trying to find people to boost the MP trophies for the P3 version of Enemy Front, but it's like pulling teeth. You can do most of it with just one other person (although two require 4-6 players, I think).

Comment

• I've been playing Out there Somewhere(it's on sale for 49 cents. Lots of achievements for those who hunt them.), Brawlhalla, Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD, and Tomb Raider.

Comment

• X-COM (The recent Firaxis edition, not the 94 one), Shadow of Mordor, and Rome Total War II (love the total war series.)

Comment