Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

What Video Games Have You Been Playing?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

BG3 is fifth edition I believe. So at least one of the sequels has updated the rules.
    I hope they provide some non-evil fighters who can play the role of the tank

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I hope they provide some non-evil fighters who can play the role of the tank
      There are five main characters right now, one fighter, one wizard, on rogue, one warlock, and one cleric. The fighter is a Githyanki who is rather stuck up and seems somewhat selfish, but given the urgency of the situation I can somewhat understand her attitude. Having a Mindflayer tadpole in your brain doesn't leave you much room for thinking about anything other than finding a way to stop it. She comes off as a jerk, but not evil as far as I've gotten in the campaign.

However, if you don't like the main characters you can make your own custom character* with different classes available such as druid, ranger, and sorcerer as additional options. The game is very far from finished right now, so I expect more custom classes to be added, but I doubt they will give more main characters. Although I wouldn't be too surprised if they allowed some of them to be changed to different classes like Larian did in in their previous game Divinity: Original Sin 2**. That one isn't D&D based, but they are very similar in the basics of how the game play. They are both turn based in combat, while everyone is free to move as they please outside of combat unless someone intentionally toggles the turn based system on outside of combat.

*When playing in a group you can make all of the four player character slots custom characters. Supposedly there is a way to do this even without other players, but I'm not sure how.

**I haven't finished this game yet, but I've enjoyed playing it with friends. The problem we've encountered is that we make a new campaign every time only certain people are available to play, so we have restarted the game many times. I'm so glad I found a mod that lets you skip the tutorial area. That ought to make new campaigns more bearable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

There are five main characters right now, one fighter, one wizard, on rogue, one warlock, and one cleric. The fighter is a Githyanki who is rather stuck up and seems somewhat selfish, but given the urgency of the situation I can somewhat understand her attitude. Having a Mindflayer tadpole in your brain doesn't leave you much room for thinking about anything other than finding a way to stop it. She comes off as a jerk, but not evil as far as I've gotten in the campaign.

However, if you don't like the main characters you can make your own custom character* with different classes available such as druid, ranger, and sorcerer as additional options. The game is very far from finished right now, so I expect more custom classes to be added, but I doubt they will give more main characters. Although I wouldn't be too surprised if they allowed some of them to be changed to different classes like Larian did in in their previous game Divinity: Original Sin 2**. That one isn't D&D based, but they are very similar in the basics of how the game play. They are both turn based in combat, while everyone is free to move as they please outside of combat unless someone intentionally toggles the turn based system on outside of combat.

*When playing in a group you can make all of the four player character slots custom characters. Supposedly there is a way to do this even without other players, but I'm not sure how.

**I haven't finished this game yet, but I've enjoyed playing it with friends. The problem we've encountered is that we make a new campaign every time only certain people are available to play, so we have restarted the game many times. I'm so glad I found a mod that lets you skip the tutorial area. That ought to make new campaigns more bearable.
        In the previous versions you ran across people that you could invite to join your group (up to 5 companions and the main character). Some do not get along with some of the others which can result in a companion leaving the group.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

In the previous versions you ran across people that you could invite to join your group (up to 5 companions and the main character). Some do not get along with some of the others which can result in a companion leaving the group.
          In this one you have some similarities to the old system, but you are limited to four characters in your active party at any one time(the others stay at camp until you say you want to change them out). Your actions will change how they view you, and not sure but I think they can leave the group. If you are hostile to them and take them down in a fight they won't ever join you in the first place.

Comment

• Just got the 'Requiem for a Killer' achievement in Batman: Arkham Knight. Man, I almost can't believe it myself. Well, those are the two hardest achievements in the game done. Now I don't need to stress too hard about those remaining. Whereas as far as Civilisation V is concerned, I'm at 183 out of 286 Steam achievements. Although my computer has started the annoying habit of beeping at me when playing Civilisation V for a certain amount of time, so I keep having to quit the game and leave it for awhile before coming back to the game, which is causing things to drag out a bit more than they otherwise would have.
            My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

• Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
              Just got the 'Requiem for a Killer' achievement in Batman: Arkham Knight. Man, I almost can't believe it myself. Well, those are the two hardest achievements in the game done. Now I don't need to stress too hard about those remaining. Whereas as far as Civilisation V is concerned, I'm at 183 out of 286 Steam achievements. Although my computer has started the annoying habit of beeping at me when playing Civilisation V for a certain amount of time, so I keep having to quit the game and leave it for awhile before coming back to the game, which is causing things to drag out a bit more than they otherwise would have.
              I'd guess that either your PC has issues with it overheating due to Civ V's graphics*, you've got a dust problem, or your fans aren't running at an optimum rate when you play that game.

*Sometimes just reducing the settings is enough to get it to stop, but depending on your rig that isn't always the case.

Comment

• Yeah, I tried reducing the settings, and no real difference. Still beeps. Might be dust.
                My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment