No announcement yet.

(Game Thread) Ruceeglaelsktinag: A Study in Applied Christian Theology of War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to find a chair to sit down in, and then leaning back in a relaxed manner, I'll announce to anyone listening, but not loud enough to interrupt any conversations that might be being had,"I'll rest until it's time that we gather and listen to either Bloodsoaked or Eugenicist, I have nothing further that would add to this conversation." - Razzik

Comment

Scene Orphan(Training?)
      You are in a hobgoblin town that is nominally under Ruceeglaelskitinagian control.

A dwarven woman in the robes of an associate* of Allurehn approaches at the local in, and speaks low, as if she does not wish anyone else to hear. She was in the company of a mixed group of four uniformed individuals, but those are remaining at some distance currently. "I see you wear the badges of licensed mercenaries. I have the need and budget to hire some bodyguards... or rather to replace my current ones, who seem to have some sort of hidden agenda. I'm an orphan keeper and... well, my budget included some guards to protect the children and myself. I'm afraid to do without them, but I have come to mistrust them. If I send them away out of town, could you serve until I feel safe or can find someone yet else?"
      *((Might have cleric levels, might not. Definitely not a marked as a combatant.))

Comment

I might be inclined to take your offer, but who or what would I and my companions be protecting the children from exactly? Also, if you're uncertain of their motives, there is a chance I might can speak to them and find out with more certainty for you.

Umbris ponders ways to gather information from the current guards and methods of leaving the current conversation without arousing their suspicion.

Comment

"To be quite frank, I'm not entirely sure. I do know that the children and I get some hateful looks around town. The mayor says that she has heard rumors that there might be violence coming against us, but she doesn't want to take sides... or something. There has been some bullying against the children, but after a very confusing session with the mayor that has all but vanished."

Comment

"I'll state with a concerned look, and tell her that I'll be willing to help in anyway possible, and guarding her and her children is okay with me." ,but like my comrade said,"We'll need some further information to do our job adequately." I'll then fall back behind the other party members and watch cautiously as to what goes on. - Razzik

Comment

The orphan-keeper says "What sort of information? Oh, and I'm dreadfully sorry, I completely overlooked your earlier question about my other guards. You can talk to them or not as you like, I really am completely befuddled by this, it is so... well, it isn't confusing so much as it is completely opaque. Like there is something going on that everyone else just gets and yet I could never hope to grasp."

Comment

"I take it then, that the task you would have us do is more than just act as guards, but to also get to the bottom of this... issue?" Thanatos interjects.
                My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

"Well, I would think the first would be necessary for the second? Of course, you would know better than I would."

Comment

I'll slip away from the party and find somewhere that no one else is at to transition into disguise as a red-bearded dwarf with blonde hair, rub some dirt and mud on a cheap amethyst colored suit and start posing as a drunken salesman named Pilos Whitecrest and questioning people who I think might have information about the woman and her situation.

Comment

"Who are your current... guards, then, and where might they be found?" Thanatos asks.

Comment

"Not to interrupt you, Thanatos, but I believe she was saying that's them over there."

Umbris, with his back to the guards, subtly indicates where to glance.

Razzik, I believe we're on the same page. Your plan is good by me, but I'm going to give you some security. I'm going to go take a place at a table nearby and act disgruntled. You might consider coming by the table after you've changed. You can ask me what's got me all upset like a nosy drunk would do, and I'll have some story about how I had asked the orphan-keeper if she needed any jobs done and had been told that she would never hire someone of my "kind." Then I'll mutter something just loud enough for eaves-droppers about how I'd like to get her back for the remark. This will be an opportunity for the guards to enlist help if they be against her or for you to initiate a conversation with them without arousing too much suspicion. The way I figure it, a drunk might easily turn to the nearest man--which will be one of the guards--and make some smart remark or joke. It also opens up the window for you to mention the orphan-keeper without having to bring it up yourself directly. Any objections?

Umbris, glances at Razzik and then looks to Thanatos and waits for his opinion.

Comment

Scene Orphan(Training?)
                          Originally posted by ForrestGump View Post
                          I'll slip away from the party and find somewhere that no one else is at to transition into disguise as a red-bearded dwarf with blonde hair, rub some dirt and mud on a cheap amethyst colored suit and start posing as a drunken salesman named Pilos Whitecrest and questioning people who I think might have information about the woman and her situation.
                          You start doing that. It will take several hours of course. ((What do you want to pretend your interest in her is? Of do you want to make it seem to them like it was just a random topic of conversation that they brought up of their own accord and you latched onto? What alignment and/or allegiances does your cover have? The more you can flesh your cover identity out in general the better.))
                          Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
                          "Who are your current... guards, then, and where might they be found?" Thanatos asks.
                          ((To give the obvious answer to that question, allow me to quote something. If you still want to ask her that question, please state that in the OOC/Discussion thread.))
                          Originally posted by Draco Dei View Post
                          She was in the company of a mixed group of four uniformed individuals, but those are remaining at some distance currently.

Comment

((Oops, it seems I was "ninja-ed" by Thomas. Sorry.))

Comment

Thanatos glances at the guards who are standing a short distance away, before turning back to address the woman:
                              "It seems strange to me that you would bring them with you if truly suspected them... unless you are merely trying to alleviate any possible suspicions on their part. However, what serious investigation could any of us here do now that they have seen us? I assume you told them something, and hopefully that something was something other than the truth. If that is not the case then I will have to simply have to decline your offer of employment and be on my way."

Comment

"Oh, dear. I... first off, don't tell them I rejected you based on race. They wouldn't likely believe that. I've had them for months and they know me too well for that. Perhaps say that you wanted more money than I was willing to pay? Because you are such a great warrior?

And I during my journey here I thought they were just veteran persons of violence, without much to say to someone who doesn't know what it is like to take a life. Things didn't start to get weird until a few days after I had arrived.

I simply told them that I had private business with you... but they may have guessed based on my polite attempts to express a dissatisfaction with their services. It only barely even occurred to me to make up a lie, and then only as a passing fancy which I dismissed because I don't think I could think up a plausible one. I'm very sorry, I'm simply no good at all this cloak and dagger stuff..."

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X