First draft of re-recruiting post for your consideration (also posted this on Skype a day or two ago, but since then have edited a small section which I have highlighted in red):
Greetings. I’ve been running a D&D 3.5 game here for a few months, and I could use a few more players. I have problems with making my posts too long, so this time around I’m intentionally going to give TOO LITTLE information, which should serve as an introduction in and of itself to the most important thing required to be successful in my campaigns specifically:

If you have a question: ASK IT! If, at any time, you do NOT have a question: BE THINKING OF ONE!

The other thing required to be successful in ANY campaign in my experience is KEEPING UP. I expect people to check both threads at least once a day on average, and to post at least once a lweek regardless of if they have anything to say (a simple “I’m still here!” will do if all else fails). If there are personal emergencies I expect to be notified promptly. If there are finals exams or the like, I expect to be notified IN ADVANCE.

So, that is what I expect of you. Now for one item regarding what this game IS NOT and two regarding what it IS:

It IS NOT a game only for experienced roleplayers. If one has a philosophical/theological mindset (one of the reasons I’m doing this here rather than a different site I have used in the past), and/or a keen tactical mind, then one should do just fine.

This IS a high philosophy game.

The adventures will be designed, among other things, to serve as case studies of various levels of moral and ethical complexity to spark understanding and logical analysis. Note that I consider the “analysis” to be more important than the “understanding”. We already have a lot of players looking to “find middle paths”, and while that is a valid approach, I’d like to see a few more players who can seek out Truth and then stand by it without any sort of compromise. If something causes one to change one’s views then one has learned something, but to “go along to get along” is the path to moral failure IMHO. This isn't to say that comprehending WHY people do things, especially bad things doesn't have great value in determining the best path to an optimal final state of affairs.

In a somewhat similar vein, this isn’t a “kick in the door” style game. You opponents will generally be intelligent, and experienced. Think of them as having read at least “The Evil Overlord’s List” if not “The Art of War” by Sun Tzu. You remember I said I have problems with making posts too long? Well, I don’t actually consider that a flaw for game-play USUALLY, only for recruiting. In my experience, the most costly errors of the players in my games fall into two categories:

1. Missing out on one sentence out of a page-long (if printed) post. This is Play By Post. I recommend re-reading occasionally…
  2. Failing to ask a question. The same thinking style of mine that makes my games so much fun to play in also means you must MAKE NO ASSUMPTIONS, and ASK QUESTIONS!

So… can anyone tell me some of the critical details I have intentionally left out of this introduction as a test to prospective players? ;)