Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: (Commentary Thread) Ruceeglaelsktinag: A Study in Applied Christian Theology of War

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    To be quite frank I have a bit of a phobia of PMs due to a logistical situation on another forum I frequent. This isn't entirely logical on my part and so I shall endeavor to overcome it.

On the other hand, I do find that people PM me a bit much about stuff that not only isn't secret, but could be of educational value to newbies (or, in the case of house rules, any of their fellow players). The sample size is pretty small though.

The disadvantage of PMs for secrecy is that they make the person giving the information decide who knows and who doesn't know. Strange as it sounds, I actually run into MORE situations where I want to leave it up the the individual players if they wish to know a certain piece of information than I do cases where I want to decide that for them... with the exception that I've been known to do some of my GMs notes as spoilers. I suppose in this case I can do those as PMs to myself, or a Google Document that is private to myself.

Weird question:
    Someone approaches the party. They strongly suggest that you agree blindly to a certain mission, with the only caveats being that if it is something horrible then you can break the contract without penalty. Why blindly? Well, the quest-giver isn't going to come out and say this, but will hint that the mission itself is something very Good, but the employers are quite nutsy (in a harmless way) in their politics, so having a little "plausible deniability" for why you took the mission would be for the best.

So, my question is: Who is this quest-giver that you would take him up on this offer? Yes, this is an actual mission I have run before, although it is something that is best done in a few levels from now rather than at 4th level. I'm actually asking more to provoke ongoing thought in yet another way than for any need for the information.

In other news, I think that Myth-Weaver's sheet sharing system may be working for me again... although it may be a matter of "person must be on friend's list" or "only works for viewers, not editors"?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco Dei View Post
    Weird question:
    Someone approaches the party. They strongly suggest that you agree blindly to a certain mission, with the only caveats being that if it is something horrible then you can break the contract without penalty. Why blindly? Well, the quest-giver isn't going to come out and say this, but will hint that the mission itself is something very Good, but the employers are quite nutsy (in a harmless way) in their politics, so having a little "plausible deniability" for why you took the mission would be for the best.

So, my question is: Who is this quest-giver that you would take him up on this offer?
    Think Mr. Church or Max Drummer from the Expendables movies, i.e. government agents who need some really bad guys taken out but can't do it themselves.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quick attempt at collecting of all of the character sheets I can find at this time (not all are finished):
    (BRAND NEW Sheet for pre-existing Player and character!) Razzik the Kobold to be played by ForrestGump (goes by a different name on IRC)
    Mors/Thanatos Warforged (AKA mechanical man) Swordsage (AKA "Hollywood-style ninja" with supernatural powers). played by Rational Gaze
    Umbris the Anthro Feline Rogue played by Thomas Maltuin
    (Not sure if still playing? I am VERY forgetful with who is doing what.) Human Sorcerer played by someone whom I'm just going to call "Eddy" for now. If the player drops out, then this guy is becoming a GMPC for the first mission, since prior experience indicates that you are probably going to NEED an arcanist.
    Aldyr “Badgerson” Elaris, Gnomish Druid for Elder
    Sigval the Halfling Wereraven Monk with Skirmish instead of Flurry of Blows played by Boxing Pythagoras (No sheet that I can find...)

Hmmm... 6 characters, 7 if you count Aldyr's Int 5 or 6 Medium Viper as being a separate character... that should be enough, but more people are welcome to apply in "reserve" slots in case a player or two informs us that they don't want to play after all...

There is also going to be a half-elven bard who may be popping up from time to time, roleplayed by Spheniscine, but he's not going to be engaging in anything related to the missions, just the debates, and maybe whatever random social roleplay happens.

Boxing Pythagoras:
    I hope you weren't waiting on my to get back to me on your interesting item before you actually linked me to (or even started?) your character sheet?
    Last edited by Draco Dei; 09-14-2015 at 08:31 AM.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    "Eddy" now informs me that he is dropping out. I shall therefore be running his sorcerer as an allied NPC for the first mission.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Do we yet have some to play "gravity monk"?

Should we be trying to recruit to fill his spot?

If someone approached my character and asked me to do it at this point, I'd imagine a goblin in modern (to the time) professional garb, trying to look civilized. Basically a goblin who's lived in a non goblin home for ever. He would be a bit quirky but with a smooth demeanor and optimistic tone when speaking of the mission.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    "Gravity Monk"? What does that mean?

Recruiting would be good, but as the recruiting thread is still open, I don't know what else I can do about that... if someone else can help out that would be fine. Maybe I could mention it in the Shoutbox again?
    Last edited by Draco Dei; 09-15-2015 at 03:50 AM.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I don't remember what you called it. It was a made up build with a special ability involving shift gravitational pull if I remember correctly. You said the character was necessary, I believe.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Some people have yet to post in the Game thread. Probably just going to move things forward to the open discussion portion where order does not matter so much. Don't let that slow anyone down since that would be the opposite of the intended effect.

Remember that I expect AT LEAST one post a week from each player, even if it is just a 'I am still paying attention, but have not had anything to say because X.' In this commentary thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Maltuin View Post
    I don't remember what you called it. It was a made up build with a special ability involving shift gravitational pull if I remember correctly. You said the character was necessary, I believe.
    Ah, THAT would be the Telekinetic Bladestorm and they and the sorcerer serve approximately the same role in this mission. I'll let the active players pick which they want unless someone joins up who wants to play one of those classes.

tWebber
    Faith
    Baptist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Draco, would you mind me having a Shetland pony instead of a mule for carrying my gear?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    On that note, I'm assuming my character doesn't need a steed?