Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Commentary Thread) Ruceeglaelsktinag: A Study in Applied Christian Theology of War

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm afraid of how that could affect continuity, but I'm open minded, how about a practice or small primer quest to get us used to the level of tactics required?

Comment

I'd rather not have things side-by-side like that.
      My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

Hey guys, I put a reply up on the IC thread, basically stating that my character was taking a short break from conversation, sorry it takes me so long to post, I've had back to back test these past two weeks, and I have another test Tuesday. I'm good with running missions parallel, or just waiting out the meeting, I'm not in any kind of a hurry to get started.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Maltuin View Post
          I'm afraid of how that could affect continuity, but I'm open minded,
          Two scenes side by side, or calculating ACs?
          how about a practice or small primer quest to get us used to the level of tactics required?
          Hmmm... tricky. The problem is that "small" doesn't go with "high tactics" very well. There has to be complexity, or it doesn't tend to add up very easily to 'tactically challenging'.

I suppose I could just come up with something so random and off the wall that it won't see play, and then do it as a 'all just a dream' thing?
          Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
          I'd rather not have things side-by-side like that.
          Understandable.
          Originally posted by ForrestGump View Post
          Hey guys, I put a reply up on the IC thread, basically stating that my character was taking a short break from conversation, sorry it takes me so long to post, I've had back to back test these past two weeks, and I have another test Tuesday. I'm good with running missions parallel, or just waiting out the meeting, I'm not in any kind of a hurry to get started.
          Noted on all counts.

Comment

Well, I think I MIGHT have an idea for that tactical aside. I'm just wondering if it would be too hard to actually run, because if I can run it all the way through, then I might want to make it an actual mission, rather than an aside.

Comment

Right, well, I think we really can't afford to lose any more momentum, and the discussion seems to have trickled out.

I'll probably start up the "training mission" and decide how to treat it based on how it goes.

EDIT:
              And done. Posts (or sections of posts) to do with the mission should be headed Scene Orphan(Training?), but the pre-existing meeting scene can continue if people like. Just title those portions Scene Cloaked Debate.
              Last edited by Draco Dei; 10-21-2015, 09:10 PM.

Comment

When posting to non-discussion branches of the story, should we be consulting here first every time, or shoot first and ask questions later, so to speak. I ask because I don't want to step on toes, however, the dialogue will move much faster the second way.

Comment

Err? I'm not completely sure I understand the question.

I would advise people to talk things out in-character before taking non-talking actions that might be precipitous.

As for SAYING precipitous things that is trickier. You might want to arrange a private conference IC to talk it over IC.

Using the OOC thread either of those things is often faster, but not as good from a Roleplay POV.

Does that help?

Comment

I just don't want to initiate something prematurely by accident.

now... I've been preoccupied this week, didn't know ahead of time. been busy and distracted. However, this game is on my mind. Will resume soon if not tonight. Sorry for the delay.

Comment

I just don't want to initiate something prematurely by accident.

now... I've been preoccupied this week, didn't know ahead of time. been busy and distracted. However, this game is on my mind. Will resume soon if not tonight. Sorry for the delay.
                      Well, just start out with gentle words and/or asking me what your senses reveal. I'm actually kinda bad at describing things in rich detail, which can be both a positive and a negative when it comes to puzzles. The stuff I put in is generally relevant to SOMETHING that I consider important (but might just be characterization), but at the same time it reduces immersion. I do forget important stuff sometimes, but that would happen regardless of the level of detail I provide I think.

[Hints]
                      As an example of that, there is a detail about the world politics that I may have failed to mention that is important here, but it is too late for me to mention it directly. It won't necessarily make a difference to this particular scene but...

Also, pay attention to architecture in this story when I describe it, and in more than a "okay, so this is the place we are going to be fighting in, so how does that effect the mechanics of battle?" sense... Or... it is hard to explain. Just pay attention to architecture.
                      [/Hints]

If you really are stuck or very uncertain you CAN ask here of your fellow players or even me.

Also, remember that this whole thing will be declared non-canonical if it goes badly, so you do have some room to experiment.

Comment

Can we tell what her intent is, and if the guards with her are well-intentioned? Also, even if her intent is "good" can we tell if it's an elaborate rouse, and if someone else would like to go ahead and make there character do something, that'd be fine with me, but I'd like for everyone to know Razzik is on guard, and acting in a more passive manner at first.

Comment

Originally posted by ForrestGump View Post
                          Can we tell what her intent is, and if the guards with her are well-intentioned? Also, even if her intent is "good" can we tell if it's an elaborate rouse, and if someone else would like to go ahead and make there character do something, that'd be fine with me, but I'd like for everyone to know Razzik is on guard, and acting in a more passive manner at first.
                          *Rolls Sense Motive off-site*
                          She seems sincere and worried as far as Razzik can tell. Of course, that could just be a bad roll, so feel free to still be cautious.

As for "what her intent is" that is way to specific for a skill check. I recommend further IC interactions (by whoever) to get more information.

Comment

Forrest Gump, I'd really like to see you try having your character say things without announcement. Just put quotes around the dialogue. No need to say "I'll have my character," that much is implied. :3

Draco, I notice she never answered the question of whether or not I should use my excessive charisma to find out if the guards are truly plotting anything.

Comment

Sorry Thomas, and others, I just realized what I was doing then read over it again and realized it makes close to no sense.

Comment

I found it odd how the 'my character says' part was included in quotations. I don't mind the announcing part, though. Just the odd use of quotation marks confused me for a second.
                                My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X