Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Languages 301 Guidelines

This is where we come to delve into the biblical text. Theology is not our foremost thought, but we realize it is something that will be dealt with in nearly every conversation. Feel free to use the original languages to make your point (meaning Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic). This is an exegetical discussion area, so please limit topics to purely biblical ones.

This is not the section for debates between theists and atheists. While a theistic viewpoint is not required for discussion in this area, discussion does presuppose a respect for the integrity of the Biblical text (or the willingness to accept such a presupposition for discussion purposes) and a respect for the integrity of the faith of others and a lack of an agenda to undermine the faith of others.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Last Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A New Approach to the "Last Things"

I propose to supplement ― and in some senses correct ― what I have posted above by means of excerpts from a book I read many years ago (I wish I had re-read it recently before starting this thread): The Eclipse of Christ in Eschatology: Toward a Christ-Centered ApproachJesus die Laaste, Gelowig-Nagedink Deel 2 (Pretoria: DRC Bookshop, 1980). First published in the UK in 1989 by Marshall Morgan and Scott Publications LTD. Copies available at Amazon.com for as much as $183.01 new and as little as $62.45 used.
    Preface

This book presents a new approach to the "last things." It is so new that occasionally some readers might disbelieve their own eyes. For example, we affirm that not only will Jesus Christ come again in the last days, but that he was born in the last days, that the Holy Spirit was poured out in the last days, and that the first Christians even lived in the last hour.

Comment

The Eclipse of Christ in Eschatology

Originally posted by John Reece View Post
      I propose to supplement ― and in some senses correct ― what I have posted above by means of excerpts from a book I read many years ago (I wish I had re-read it recently before starting this thread): The Eclipse of Christ in Eschatology: Toward a Christ-Centered ApproachJesus die Laaste, Gelowig-Nagedink Deel 2 (Pretoria: DRC Bookshop, 1980). First published in the UK in 1989 by Marshall Morgan and Scott Publications LTD. Copies available at Amazon.com for as much as $183.01 new and as little as $62.45 used.
      Preface

This book presents a new approach to the "last things." It is so new that occasionally some readers might disbelieve their own eyes. For example, we affirm that not only will Jesus Christ come again in the last days, but that he was born in the last days, that the Holy Spirit was poured out in the last days, and that the first Christians even lived in the last hour.
      Eerdmans owns the copyright for The Eclipse of Christ in Eschatology: Toward a Christ-Centered Approach

Comment

With regard to The Eclipse of Christ in Eschatology: Toward a Christ-Centered Approach

Comment

With regard to The Eclipse of Christ in Eschatology: Toward a Christ-Centered Approach

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X