Announcement

Collapse

Judaism Guidelines

Theists only.

Shalom!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the world religion of Judaism in general and also its relationship to Christianity. This forum is generally for theists only. Non-theists (eg, atheistic Jews) may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Non-theists are welcome to discuss and debate issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Judaism's indifferrence to other religions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scorching Wizard View Post
    Actually, we are mostly against any Jew marrying someone of a different religion. And that anti inter-marriage concept applies among Christians as well. I personally know someone whose parents squashed a wedding between a Protestant and a Catholic.
    True, this demonstrates isolationism not only in Judaism, but other religion as well. In other religions it is a more aggressive isolationist view including a history aggressive efforts to convert others who believe differently.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      In other religions it is a more aggressive isolationist view including a history aggressive efforts to convert others who believe differently.
      As One bad pig and Adrift point out, it has been over 1000 years since Judaism has done that. Hopefully other religions like Christianity and Islam can catch up to us and be indifferent to those that don't share their beliefs. The world will be much more peaceful then.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X