Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Infected Ankle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1) ER, actually.
    2) No, but I did stay home Friday.
    3) I'll grant that for the sake of argument - I feel crappy so I'm not inclined to agree just from contrariness - but you and Little Mister Sunshine wanna tell me how I explain 'my ankle hurts and I might die' to my employer and not get fired? Or with a straight face, for that matter...
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      1) ER, actually.
      3) I'll grant that for the sake of argument - I feel crappy so I'm not inclined to agree just from contrariness - but you and Little Mister Sunshine wanna tell me how I explain 'my ankle hurts and I might die' to my employer and not get fired? Or with a straight face, for that matter...
      You show him the ankle and tell him you are not able to make it to work for the next few days. or if you get back to the doctor, you have him write a note.

Comment

1) ER, actually.
        "I was bitten by a cat, and have an infection in my ankle. If not taken care of this is potentially life threatening. I need time off to make sure things are properly taken care of".

For most reasonable people that should be good. If you need more support than that, show them pictures of what those infections can lead to. A picture is worth a thousand words after all.

Comment

Um, I have worked the past four days - including two full shifts. It's a bit late for that now.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Um, I have worked the past four days - including two full shifts. It's a bit late for that now.
            You tell them that you tried to work and did so for the last 4 days, but the ankle has gotten worse.

Comment

My head hurts - my ankle feels better. It's not nearly so swollen - probably from not being on it.

But it still is difficult to move side to side. I am walking a lot better.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

So I am better.But the injured leg swells when I stand on it a lot, which would be okay except that I get paid to stand a lot. It had a little swelling this morning. Tonight it's three times as big and it hurts. It looks like edema but only on the one side.

Anyway, I don't think I will need the cane tomorrow.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

So I am better.But the injured leg swells when I stand on it a lot, which would be okay except that I get paid to stand a lot. It had a little swelling this morning. Tonight it's three times as big and it hurts. It looks like edema but only on the one side.

Anyway, I don't think I will need the cane tomorrow.
                    Do you have the weekend off? Keep the ankle elevated. Hopefully Notre Dame will beat Georgia Tech.
                    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

1) Good one.. Oh, you were serious?

Nope, no such luck.

2) I elevate it normally at night - which I plan to do right now!

Good night and God bless!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X