Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

14-year-old Texas boy arrested for bringing homemade clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You've just described Jaecp to a T!

Can you give even one example of where I have demanded respect for my own views?
    You throw bombs at people and make gross stereotypical generalizations. Then when people give you a few back, you act like some kind of angel that did nothing wrong that's being attacked. Take for instance your thread "Climate change - So what?" where you asked for input on policy concerning emissions. When you acted like a snob, Jichard took a couple of shots at the ideological basis that is the true foundations of your rhetoric, and you got all puffy and threatened him with removal. You even admitted that it was his comment that rubbed you wrong.

Why can't you take what you give out? You take side shots at people all the time - then you act like it's just good fun. Sorry, doesn't work that way. If you dish it out then you'd better be able to take it.

Comment

• Yo dude, your inbox is full

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
        Yo dude, your inbox is full
        Done.

Comment

• Oh no! Now they know we talk!

I guess the conspiracy is out.

Comment

• I mean, it shouldn't be. I'm on a first name basis with nearly every non-believer that posts here.

Comment

• Yeah, but it's gets under certain posters skin that we communicate beyond these forums.

Comment

• Sucks to be them I guess because they can't do a damn thing about it.

Although now that I think about it, maybe they should communicate in private before posting any more in this thread. Maybe it'd result in an argument that was... I'm not sure how to say this politely... good.

lol and again. You gotta delete your sent box :P
                Last edited by Jaecp; 09-18-2015, 12:25 AM.

Comment

• Hey,

I had a thought.

Did the school ever, like, evacuate? If the kid had a bomb, and the teachers thought it was a bomb, did they ever like... get the other kids out of the way?

Comment

• I just browsed through this thread, as someone who wasn't participating, I just want to note that everyone agreed police action was inappropriate, and that division was along the lines of whether it was appropriate for the administration to investigate, and upon what grounds.

Points of contention:
                    Some seem to think that knowing what a bomb looks like is common knowledge. (Spoiler, if its this highly contended, then its not common knowledge.)
                    Ethnicity or religion being acceptable indicators of guilt (MM implied this, the more liberal posters indicated this is what they think the administration was thinking, everyone seemed to think that it is irrelevant to the conversation)
                    Which tribe is more filled with jackasses (pardon my French) the Jaecp and Sea of red, or everyone else?
                    ---
                    Jaecp, I think that is an excellent question, does anyone know if there was an evacuation?

And lastly, to clarify: I see "crypto-racism" here, regardless of whether a stereotype is reasonable (probably isn't) it is racist to profile a brown boy based on his name, however, just seeing a briefcase with wires itself would cause the vast majority of the public to be suspicious. Racism may have been a motivating factor, but it by itself does not explain the situation because Ahmed was never profiled previously in this way (as far as has been announced), but rather the trigger was the clock. Was the persistence of the administration in refusing to accept its clock-ness racist? Perhaps. Was the police action racist? Almost certainly, even if they don't realize it.

tl;dr I think that there was racism, but Sea of red is a jackass.
                    Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith? -Galatians 3:5

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                      You throw bombs at people and make gross stereotypical generalizations. Then when people give you a few back, you act like some kind of angel that did nothing wrong that's being attacked. Take for instance your thread "Climate change - So what?" where you asked for input on policy concerning emissions. When you acted like a snob, Jichard took a couple of shots at the ideological basis that is the true foundations of your rhetoric, and you got all puffy and threatened him with removal. You even admitted that it was his comment that rubbed you wrong.

Why can't you take what you give out? You take side shots at people all the time - then you act like it's just good fun. Sorry, doesn't work that way. If you dish it out then you'd better be able to take it.
                      So, you can't support the flat out lie you told.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

How did anyone ever get that idea :-/

Oh, wait, it's because the grammar nazi made a stupid grammatical mistake by saying "part of" instead of "at"
                        Wow, that's dumb. I am free to contribute, but my purpose there is to learn.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Hey,

I had a thought.

Did the school ever, like, evacuate? If the kid had a bomb, and the teachers thought it was a bomb, did they ever like... get the other kids out of the way?
                          The arrest was for a HOAX bomb -- I suppose they could have done a HOAX evacuation.

Comment

Wow, that's dumb. I am free to contribute, but my purpose there is to learn.
                            Damn, you can't even handle your grammar being corrected. Yeesh, CP, what happened to you?

Comment

Damn, you can't even handle your grammar being corrected.
                              It is an invitation only event, of which I am part, at the request of our district attorney. Nothing wrong with my grammar, so nothing needs corrected.

Comment

It is an invitation only event, of which I am part, at the request of our district attorney. Nothing wrong with my grammar, so nothing needs corrected.
                                Go review your books dude. I just spent the summer teaching this stuff.

Comment