Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whag View Post
    So you chided them with no intention of having a discussion with them?
    But it's fun to chide, it makes one feel so superior.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Go see for yourself. Erose was not worth interacting with, too starchy.
      Near the Peoples' Republic of Davis, south of the State of Jefferson (Suspended between Left and Right)

Comment

It was in the "Traditional Theology" sub-forumEdited by a Moderator I can't be more specific because I am banned for six months before I can even enter there. (I can readily understand why various for a ban members, but don't understand why they are not just forbidden to post, but even to sign on. Something about technicalities of actually controlling whether the banned person can be stopped at the gates but not from entering the shops once in?)
        Another way to find him once registering there is to use the "Search" feature within the profile page of the member whose name you click on. Find where he posted within "Traditional Theology". Or do the same with me Edited by a Moderator a name I picked not as an anti-Semite in opposing Moses but because I am truly a rebel of the most thorough kind) and where I posted within what seems like the right thread name.
        Last edited by Cow Poke; 09-25-2015, 06:02 PM.
        Near the Peoples' Republic of Davis, south of the State of Jefferson (Suspended between Left and Right)

Comment

This is just one of my many questions. See I am on the fence about Christianity. I believe in God and Jesus but I am not sure if Christianity is the right path. Still deciding.

Comment

Originally posted by SovereignOfSilence View Post
            This is just one of my many questions. See I am on the fence about Christianity. I believe in God and Jesus but I am not sure if Christianity is the right path. Still deciding.
            It sounds like you might be asking the wrong questions and making the wrong assumptions. For instance, it's not true that Christianity insists that "something that's not understood or unknown is of the devil."

The range of belief in Christianity is wide and flexible. You can easily dismiss the dumb assumptions that some wings of Christianity hold. If you already believe in God and Jesus, that can be your basis from which to construct a view that works for you.
            Last edited by whag; 09-27-2015, 02:59 AM.

Comment