Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

I Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Help

Posted with permission.

Okay, yes, I probably need psychiatric help too, but that's not what I'm talking about. As many of you know, I lost my job of eighteen years almost a year ago and I was out of work for eight months. I finally found work - Praise God! - but it's part time and half the hourly rate of what I used to make. By the time I had an income to work with, the damage had been done.

I've lost my car. I'm being evicted (it takes a little time in Alabama but it still means I have to move sooner rather than later - sooner being best). I'm being sued. And I don't make enough to even work out payment plans at this point.

So, game plan (order optional):

1) Find a cheap used car - preferably under $1000 but it has to be reliable enough to get me to and from work and all the other stuff you have to do to live.

2) Find a place to live and move - and I'm having to look in better job markets which breaks my heart. I love my church and this quirky town and I feel more at home here than I have anywhere since my mother died. But I can't get an interview, let alone a job, for anything around here. It's time to go as much as I hate it. And yes, I should have done that long since - next time my life collapses, I'll have a better idea how to handle things. Okay, I'm being facetious but the truth is I didn't handle things as well as I should have - I just wish I'd seen it then.

3) File Chapter 7. I HATE that but I can't recover if I can't stop the bleeding. My intent is to get back on my feet and find a (safe) way to repay what I owe. But right now, I don't have another viable choice.

My savings were long ago exhausted on dental bills and some truly stupid car repairs (hint: DON'T buy a second gen Prius) and a part time job - even one that pays decently (I'm not complaining at all - Wal-mart pays better than most competitors and I have gotten a consistent number of hours despite a tornado hitting the store). So I have a lot more in immediate needs than I have in the bank - and despite my two businesses (one of which is on hiatus) I don't have a way to do it myself fast enough.

Which brings me to the point of this thread, I'm asking for help. I have set up a Gofundme campaign - link below and soon to be in my sig. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

So will prayer - I'm getting better but it's really testing my strength (which is used to cling to the Lord since all the real strength comes from Him).

Well, that's all. Thanks everyone!

-Larilee (Teallaura)*

Larilee's Gofundme Campaign.

*Never thought I'd do that.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

ing. I only wish that I could do more than that.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Thank you.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Comment

you could probably do the Bankruptcy on your own.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
            you could probably do the Bankruptcy on your own.
            I am not sure but I will look into it ASAP

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

The forms are here:
              http://www.uscourts.gov/forms/bankruptcy-forms

Somewhere there should be instructions available. Let me know if you need help finding stuff.

You will have to find the proper district for your case and you will file the papers there.

Comment

Thanks! I will get on it ASAP!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I've been doing some reading and it looks like it's doable - plus I might can get some pro bono help with it.

Thank you so much for the suggestion! It just never occurred to me.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Thanks guys.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Comment

Why would someone be trying to sue you??? You don't very sueable to me!
                            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Um, yeah...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment