Announcement

Collapse

Sorority Guidelines

Here is the Hen House. We gather and talk about men, shoes, clothing, and if those wings are all they are cracked up to be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Hot, Cold, Hot, Cold....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot, Cold, Hot, Cold....

During the day, I get hot unexpectedly. I didn't care for the cold to begin with but now being in a room that's too cool will bother me.

At night, it just gets weird. I'll be hot then cold, then hot, then cold. I have had the fan on and the covers over me within a minute of each other - and more than once a night!

So, is this like normal?
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

It's fabulous when it's all done.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I believe that, actually. I've noticed that I don't get upset as easily.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

sounds like me....ah hormones
        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

So, how long does this usually take?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

It can take years. The worst part is getting hot flashes during the summer. Yick.
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I started perimenopause in my late thirties. Mostly just irregular, not so much with hot flashes and stuff. That started when I was about 46, and I was totally done just a few months after my 49th birthday. I was quite surprised, because both my Mom and oldest sister were well into 50's before they were finished.

So I was glad to be done early.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Great...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Just saying it's different for everyone.

If you started with stuff fairly early, then likely you'll be done early.

Comment

I was diagnosed (?) as being in peri-menopause last year. I started noticing the hot flashes - assuming that's what they are - about a week after I started at Wal-mart (that first one was pretty nasty). They got fairly common and then this last week, they started slacking off.

Momma had a fairly quick transition, as I recall, so maybe I will. Or maybe it's just taking a break.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Might be. Things are still predicated by hormone fluctuations. So you might find things are cyclical.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                        Might be. Things are still predicated by hormone fluctuations. So you might find things are cyclical.
                        Yeah, some things that you find out when you find out.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Wow, this makes me glad I still have another 20 years or so...
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                            Wow, this makes me glad I still have another 20 years or so...

It's fabulous when it's done.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                              It's fabulous when it's done.

I'm sure, but I still have at least 15-20 years to worry about that.
                              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X