Wedding Gift Ideas? Please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding Gift Ideas? Please help.

So, I've been thinking about this for a bit but just haven't thought of any great ideas. My sister is getting married in about three weeks, and I have no idea what to get them as a wedding present. They have been renovating an older home for them to move into (in case that helps for gift ideas). I just would like to get them something nice/thoughtful.

Any ideas?
    "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Did they register for gifts somewhere?

Talk to your future b-i-l or other family members for ideas.n Get them a nice framed picture that would fit their new home.

I have resorted to giving cash the past few years. I hate shopping for weddings, and most newly-weds in my family or friends are needing cash.

Other than that,

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Picture frame for wedding pic. His and hers tool kits (which may save the marriage from the project... not totally kidding...). Portable electric range - they'll need it when they get to the kitchen.

More involved but cool: can you get a window from that house (one they discarded, obviously)? If so, have a local artist add pictures from the wedding to it (you can do this yourself if you're handy and have an eye for composition) and hardware to hang it with. You can do similar projects with other discarded elements - use your imagination or pay someone to use theirs.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
        So, I've been thinking about this for a bit but just haven't thought of any great ideas. My sister is getting married in about three weeks, and I have no idea what to get them as a wedding present. They have been renovating an older home for them to move into (in case that helps for gift ideas). I just would like to get them something nice/thoughtful.

Any ideas?
        See if they did register - pick a gift that you know they want - and don't be cheap!
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment