Announcement

Collapse

Theology 201 Guidelines

This is the forum to discuss the spectrum of views within Christianity on God's foreknowledge and election such as Calvinism, Arminianism, Molinism, Open Theism, Process Theism, Restrictivism, and Inclusivism, Christian Universalism and what these all are about anyway. Who is saved and when is/was their salvation certain? How does God exercise His sovereignty and how powerful is He? Is God timeless and immutable? Does a triune God help better understand God's love for mankind?

While this area is for the discussion of these doctrines within historic Christianity, all theists interested in discussing these areas within the presuppositions of and respect for the Christian framework are welcome to participate here. This is not the area for debate between nontheists and theists, additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream evangelical doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101 Nontheists seeking only theistic participation only in a manner that does not seek to undermine the faith of others are also welcome - but we ask that Moderator approval be obtained beforehand.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 or General Theistics 101 forum without such restrictions. Theists who wish to discuss these issues outside the parameters of orthodox Christian doctrine are invited to Unorthodox Theology 201.

Remember, our forum rules apply here as well. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Which Theologian are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Theologian are you?

Someone posted this on facebook, so I'm just posting it again here.
    http://quizfarm.com/quizzes/new/sven...ogian-are-you/

I got the most handsome man in the world
    "You Scored as Anselm
    Anselm is the outstanding theologian of the medieval period.He sees man's primary problem as having failed to render unto God what we owe him, so God becomes man in Christ and gives God what he is due. You should read 'Cur Deus Homo?'"
    "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
    "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
    Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Looks like the easiest way to figure out what everyone theological position is too(kinda).
    "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
    Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

I said it there and I'll say it again. I am Karl Barth!

Well that was anticlimactic.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
      "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
      Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

not as cool looking as Anslem

Comment

Jürgen Moltmann, who's Liberation Theology is focused in our hope of Ressurection.

As the Facebook conversation went most everyone was Barthian and Luther was very uncommon.
          Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith? -Galatians 3:5

Comment

It's a tie between Karl Barth and Anslem. Karl Barth is fitting, considering my despise of liberal 'theology'.
            Last edited by TimelessTheist; 02-18-2014, 09:57 PM.
            Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

Originally posted by Pentecost View Post
              Jürgen Moltmann, who's Liberation Theology is focused in our hope of Ressurection.

As the Facebook conversation went most everyone was Barthian and Luther was very uncommon.
              Guess that makes me special.

Comment

So with so many getting Karl Barth, is the quiz rigged, not well made, or do a lot of us just think the same way?
                Last edited by Theistic-Student; 02-19-2014, 11:17 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

So I took it again and got Anselm this time.

Comment

Some questions could use clarification. For instance, what does the author mean by "exist"? Or "Holy Spirit revival"? Or "eschatology"?

Comment

Paul Tillich. Unfortunately, John Scottus Eriugena doesn't seem to have been an option.
                      βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                      ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

My thoughts exactly. Questions needed to be clearer.

Comment

I haven't done the quiz, because I get stuck at and irritated by such questions. My thoughts begin "By the common-sensical understanding of exist, God clearly exists, but clearly His mode of existence differs from creation's..." and conclude "this quiz sucks."

Comment

I agreed with that statement because I knew what they were going for, but that question really irritated me!

Comment

I got Barth. I'm mainly just glad I didn't get Bultmann or something (I don't think he was an option anyway).
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X