Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 10/09/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 10/09/2015

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise
    Using your faith. Believe. Look to God. Follow.

“You are my LORD and God, and I look to you for safety. Don’t let me be harmed.” (Psalm 141:8, CEV)

Do you know the reason God created us with only one pair of eyes and placed them in the front of our head? Yup! You’re right so we could see where we are going. The only problem with that is there are times when we can’t see where we’re going and we need someone who can see for us. For example on the morning September 13, 2013 I knew I would be having heart surgery but I could not see where it would take me. With “the eyes of my heart” fixed on God and the testimony of the Psalmist, “I will always look to you, as you stand beside me and protect me from fear. With all my heart, I will celebrate, and I can safely rest.” (Psalm 16:8–9, CEV) I had a couple of secret weapons, I had faith and I had vision.

Writing on the subject of vision James Ryle says. “But vision is much more than a good idea that stirs the soul to temporary endeavors. Vision is the ability to see it, the faith to believe it, the courage to do it, and the hope to endure until it happens. Take any of these components away and vision fails. Each is vital, and indispensable.” With faith. Believe. Look to God. Follow.

“I look to the hills! Where will I find help? It will come from the LORD, who created the heavens and the earth. The LORD is your protector, and he won’t go to sleep or let you stumble. The protector of Israel doesn’t doze or ever get drowsy. The LORD is your protector, there at your right side to shade you from the sun. You won’t be harmed by the sun during the day or by the moon at night. The LORD will protect you and keep you safe from all dangers. The LORD will protect you now and always wherever you go.” (Psalm 121:1–8, CEV)

By the way you have those same secret weapons use them and follow the LORD leaving the outcome up to Him. And remember you can’t follow the LORD if you’re looking elsewhere!

BE strong in the LORD!

Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

“I am creating something new. There it is! Do you see it? I have put roads in deserts, streams in thirsty lands.” (Isaiah 43:19)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

If you’d like some inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

Unless marked otherwise all scriptures are from the CEV, “Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.”

Amen Gary!!!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X